Remember me
Lost Password Register

Website move and maintenance
04-17-2006, 01:05 PM,
Website move and maintenance
Good afternoon fellow divers!  The webserver that mnscuba.com and wiscuba.com was running on experienced a failure last Thursday morning and was replaced.  Unfortunately I was on a jet headed to Arizona when this happened otherwise the sites would have been restored within hours. I contacted the technical staff at my office and asked them to help restore the websites on a new webserver.  They generously donated their time to get the sites back up and running for me.  I know that there are a couple issues with the sites (notably the "theme").  I will get these fixed today.  The positive news is that the new webserver is significantly faster than the old webserver. Thank you for your patience and continuing support!
--Jason
05-02-2006, 02:07 PM,
Re: Website move and maintenance
I just now noticed that all of the pictures that members have uploaded before the crash are now gone.  :'( I knew some of them were but now it appears that they are all gone.  I've been going in and re-uploading some of my pictures that I still have at home if I can remember which ones they are by the file name.  You can tell which attachments are missing by looking at the file size next to the file name in the post.  If it has a file size of 0 kb that means the attachment is gone.  This is a real bummer. Sad
05-03-2006, 04:47 AM,
Thanks to Jason working his magic, the photos are back online.
05-03-2006, 10:09 AM,
maybe you dont get thanked enought for what you do...actually i am sure of it.....so here goes.............Thank you!..us computer illiterates much appreciate what you do!
Oops Did I really say that?????
05-03-2006, 12:15 PM,
even us computer literates appreciate all the work involved in keeping a site like this running. Thanks
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !