Remember me
Lost Password Register

Fiji in June
04-20-2006, 01:14 PM,
Fiji in June
Hi all, I'm new to this board and wanted to say hi. I'm also going to Fiji (Beqa Lagoon Resort) for my honeymoon in late July. If anyone has ever been there, I would love advice/suggestions about dive sites, local culture, etc. My fiancee and I are both AOW, and the resort we are staying at allows 24hr shore diving for free with our dive package.

A little about myself - AOW through padi, ~50 dives, all in tropical waters (well, I did have to dive once in Deer Lake, WI to find an anchor). Looking into starting to dive MN just to keep up on skills, and progress towards extended range, trimix, wreck, and cave certs (long-term goals). Unfortunately, I am a Law student so I don't have the funds to buy a 7mm wetsuit much less anything else!
04-20-2006, 02:05 PM,
Re: Fiji in June
WELCOME....

My advice is don't get married!  ENJOY FIJI...  I married a lawyer.  LOL    just kiddin about marriage.  I think everyone should try it.

maxfactor
04-20-2006, 03:56 PM,
Read up on the back editions of "Scuba Diver" magazine (online at ) they have done many articles on Fiji.  The March 2006 edition was very informative!  Not just on divesites, but surface interval and local culture as well.

Check the "For Sale" board for wetsuits...I may add another 6mm Farmer John for sale too.

I wish you and your betrothed all the best!  Have a great honeymoon!

Lisa
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
04-20-2006, 11:06 PM,
Wan2BCaver, We've run trips to Beqa for the past 3 years and are very familiar with the resort, staff and diving.  Give us a call in the shop, Josh or Lee would be glad to share info with you.  We've got lots of pictures and video too.  I've got to say, there is a short list of destinations I'd put on my list to get married at and Beqa would be near or at the top.  Prepare yourself for some world class cuisine.  Let us know if we can help. 763-574-1280