Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee Ice Out???????
03-30-2006, 10:17 PM,
Wazee Ice Out???????
Does anyone know if the ice is off Wazee yet??  I'm looking forward to spending some quality time underwater.
03-31-2006, 06:03 AM,
Re: Wazee Ice Out???????
Don't know about Wazee but I checked out a couple lakes around town yesterday and the ice is melting fast.  There was open water out to about 5 to 10 feet from shore already.
04-07-2006, 04:42 PM,
Wazee is ice free......
04-09-2006, 08:00 PM,
....... and really cold.
04-09-2006, 08:07 PM,
Kirk,
Pardon me for not noticing...do you dive wet or dry suit?  I was wetsuit diving Phalen today.  Once I finally got the gloves on, the only part of me cold was around the mouth!
See you in the water!
Lisa
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
04-10-2006, 06:31 AM,
Lisa,
Kirk is cold because 1) he dives deep and long, and 2) he dives a wet drysuit ; )
Dan L
04-10-2006, 03:40 PM,
Wouldn't a "P" valve solve that situation! >Big Grin
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
04-10-2006, 05:24 PM,
It's not a wet drysuit anymore (or is that what they call a semi-dry).  I had Steve Gamble do a leak test, repair all the leaks, and replace all the seals.  The wrist seals still aren't perfect (thanks to skinny wrists), but with dry gloves on Sunday, with the exception of a tiny bit of moisture from the exhaust valve, I got out of the suit dry as a bone.  Nice.......
04-10-2006, 10:28 PM,
I've only been to Wazee once. Where is a good place to stay if you're spending the weekend and not camping?
04-10-2006, 10:36 PM,
Incidentally, there is a beautiful place in Aitkin called the Ripple River Motel. It's the cheapest place I could find and the rooms are clean and recently remodelled and the owners are just very very cool people. If you're up at Crosby for a weekend. Just an FYI (or as I've heard it said before "Just for your FYI")  ;D