Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Housing for Ipod
04-26-2006, 11:09 AM,
Underwater Housing for Ipod
Does anyone know where i can get a good underwater housing for my Ipod?I want to be able to use it while scuba diving.

I found the following link:

I don't know if the housing would stand up to scuba diving depths though.
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
04-26-2006, 11:26 AM,
Re: Underwater Housing for Ipod
Thats funny that it does say scuba diving in it's list of uses but if you read down it says waterproof to 10ft.  That would seriously limit your dive options, but just think of the bottom time!
04-26-2006, 11:37 AM,

I've noticed that a lot lately. It seems anything that can go below 1 foot of water gets SCUBA attached as one of its uses.... :Smile
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
04-26-2006, 12:54 PM,
I found a case rated to 100 ft for my iriver mp3
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
05-01-2006, 11:16 AM,

What is the sound quality like underwater when listening to it?
&quot;Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose.&quot;-Benjamin Disraeli
05-01-2006, 11:30 AM,
I just found it and have not even orderd it yet. i just tried to check on it and now it $99 and rated to 200 ft it may be time to buy
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
06-15-2006, 12:40 PM,
I have the 10' case for my Iriver and the sound is pretty good- I use it to keep from getting bored while swimming in the pool.

The speakers on the 200' model are different than what I have- they are bone conduction speakers instead of ear phones. This will make them more expensive, but perform better underwater.

Jon
&quot;Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge.&quot; -Charles Darwin
06-21-2006, 07:20 AM,
Do the speakers come with the case or are they sold separately?  If sold separately, how much?

Where would I find the iRiver, case and speakers?
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
06-21-2006, 07:28 AM,

I've also seen them on EBay and I'm sure if you check one of the shopping websites you'll find even more.

Jon
&quot;Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge.&quot; -Charles Darwin
06-21-2006, 07:31 AM,
That was quick!  Thanks!

I just ordered one... just what I need!  8)
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy