Remember me
Lost Password Register

White's Drysuit?
09-21-2002, 08:57 AM,
White's Drysuit?
As I age, "7mils and wet" is a dive chant I'm willing to give up, especially now that Lake Superior wrecks and Hudson Bay belugas have my attention (...and do you believe the airfares to the Carribean?!)
Have read posts here and on Scubaboard. I'm thinking about a Whites drysuit - supposedly very functional, high quality and significantly lower cost than comparable DUI.
Anyone have a White's or know anything about them?
One of my key criteria will be fit and minimizing weight use. I did drysuit specialty with a very oversized suit and it was a pain in the butt.
Thanks in advance for the help.
DanL
Dan L
09-22-2002, 07:24 AM,
Re:White's Drysuit?
A bit ago I was looking at the Aqua Pro front entry suit. I know someone who has one and they like theirs. There was a Whites dealer in Eden Prairie but he closed up shop. I ended up buying a Dive Rite 905.

If I was looking local again and did not want to shell the money for a DUI, I would look at Diving Concepts (Fantasea) or Bare (Smith). One thing I like about the Bare is the built in gaitors. I use leg gaitors with my suit since the legs are a bit baggy. Next time I buy a suit I am going to look into the suits that Fifth Dimension in Seattle is having made ( ). Lots of goodies for a pretty reasonable price. I will also be having it done custom.

JoelW
09-22-2002, 09:24 AM,
Re:White's Drysuit?
DanL: We have the dealership on White's and they are a nice dry suit. The custom fit suit can get a little spendy, but that goes for anything custom. I have a White's neopreme with heavy latex wrist (no leaks) the one thing I like about it is the fit in the croch, no binding at deeper depths. Another thing is as you get warmer water in the summer I just go in a tank top and shorts. I have two friends that have custom shells and they like them,but one complaint is the sweating they get between the shell and undergarment, so they also picked up the neopreme one and depending on the dive they will choose between them. We sell the neopreme at around $790.00 plus tax.