Remember me
Lost Password Register

Perch Lake Report
04-17-2005, 04:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2005, 05:14 AM by LKunze.)
Perch Lake Report
Jason Baker, Dan G and I dove Perch lake today.  Also saw some other divers out there as well.  Bottom line...Viz sucked (5 ft) Sad,  water temp ranged from 43 to 46 degrees.  I guess we should have hit Square instead  :-\ but it was good to get back in the water. Smile
04-18-2005, 03:41 PM,
Re: Perch Lake Report
Thats what compasses are for. Smile Thats what I love about MN/WI diving. You never know what your going to see. or not see.
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
04-18-2005, 09:38 PM,
I was one of the other divers on the lake today.  Not a good day,  cold water, not great vis, not many fish and my housed digital SLR started taking on water. 

Bummer day... but you know what they say, bad day diving is better than a good day of work.

Chris
05-21-2005, 06:25 AM,
Dan G and I did a couple dives Friday night at Perch.  We were pleasantly surprised to have about 15 ft of viz down to about 40 feet.  Also, we did find the missing dive platform that used to have the line running from it to the scoop shovel.  Someone dragged it straight out into deeper water from where it was down to about 35-40 feet and tipped it upside down in the mud.  :Smile We'll have to get some divers together with lift bags some day and flip it back over and either move it back to where it was or maybe move it to somewhere else.  If anyone wants to do this or has already thought of it and needs help let me know.  I do have a 60# liftbag.  I'm guessing it would be easiest to have a four diver team and have each diver attach a bag to one of the platform legs.
05-21-2005, 08:17 PM,
Went back out to Perch tonight and attempted to move the platform.  We had four 60# liftbags on the thing and we were just barely able to lift it off the bottom.  We managed to flip the platform frame right side up and move it up to around 25 feet now.  The wood top is still down on the bottom at around 40 feet though. 
06-10-2005, 08:47 PM,
Figured I'd keep this thread alive with another update on Perch Lake.  Just got back from a dive out there tonight.  Viz is excellent.  It was 20+ feet almost everywhere and probably 30 feet of viz down at around 40 to 50 feet depth.  Water temp was 60 at the surface and about 57 down to the thermocline at about 16 feet.  Weather permitting there will be a few of us going back out there tomorrow.  Smile
04-22-2006, 04:36 PM,
Dove Perch today.  Viz was about 10 feet or so.  It was a little better in the shallows but was ok down to about 45 feet and got pretty bad at 50 feet.  Water temp was 54F at the surface, 48F just below 13 feet and 39F below 40 feet.
04-24-2006, 12:27 PM,

Did you ever get the top back on?
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
04-24-2006, 12:51 PM,

Did you ever get the top back on?
[/quote]
Yeah, Dan G and I put it back on last summer. 
05-08-2006, 02:12 PM,
Local Viz Report--Perch Lake, WI
Well, I met with two other divers on Saturday morning and when I left home the sky was cloud covered but thinning. By the time I made it Perch Lake, WI at 9a.m. and we got in the water at 10a.m. the sun was out!

Not too many weeds yet, cold temperatures on the bottom of below 40 degrees. Visibility was GOOD at depths of 20,30,40, even 50 feet, we probably had 15-20 feet of viz in most places but it got really lactescent right at 60 feet.

Good dive though! Definitely worth the drive!