Remember me
Lost Password Register

Drysuit Boots w/Velcro
04-25-2007, 10:04 AM,
Re: Drysuit Boots w/Velcro
Thanks for all the input!

like i said my bare HD trilaminate suit has the attached boots, i have never found it a problem to walk or lost any traction walking, prior to this suit i had a viking which had kind of the same boot so i have had nothing to compare it too.
04-25-2007, 04:40 PM,
I have a DUI drysuit with the rock boots. The laces work fine for me ;D

Greg
We don`t quit playing because we grow old,,,,We grow old because we quit playing!!
06-07-2007, 09:05 PM,
<hmm just noticed I'm reviving an old thread anyway..>

I carry Whites and O'neill, and O'neill makes a velcro boot.  One of my instructors uses wetsuit boots over his suit and doesn't mind it, but I don't want to give up the support while walking down slippery red-clay banks and rocky shorelines.  I do notice the difference when I wear my Viking Pro1000 suit with attached "boots."   I feel every little pebble and jagged rock and my fins feel more sloppy on my feet.

After an ice dive training this spring, I was stuck at the boatlanding trying to untie my frozen laces.  The dive rig had already left with the rest of the team for lunch so I gave up, jumped in the drivers seat still in my suit and figured that my truck heater would thaw out the laces on the drive over to Culvers.  Unfortunately the drive wasn't long enough to even warm up the truck so while the rest of the dive team was enjoying warm food (and a restroom!), I was still trying to untie my frozen double bow-ed Whites Dryboots in the parking lot. 

I will be getting a pair of the Oneill boots before next winter! 

06-08-2007, 09:53 AM,
Re: O'neill Boots

Thanks for the info! The other day I was searching the web for some different gear and I came across an add for these same boots. They look promising (in the quest for no laces). From the picture (boot on the left) it looks like there's even a fin tab. Hopefully they come in larger sizes (say 13,14) to accomodate the dry sock, etc.

And thanks for sharing the frozen laces story. Much more frustrating than a knot in a lace on a nice summer day.
06-08-2007, 01:27 PM,
Glad I could help  Smile