Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anyone have experiance with Weezle?
05-22-2006, 12:30 AM,
Anyone have experiance with Weezle?
It's getting to be that time.....Time for new undergarments, so I'm looking for anyone that has used or heard anything about Weezle. I've used DUI Tinsulate in the past but have heard some good things about the Weezle. I'm looking at getting the Weezle Extream one piece. Any info good or bad would be appreciated.

Thanks
05-22-2006, 07:12 AM,
Re: Anyone have experiance with Weezle?
Just got in a couple of dives last weekend with my new Weezle Extreme Plus, I can honestly say I was warmer than I remember being with my DUI stuff (I had the two piece black ones, don't remember what weight).  They also pack smaller and dry faster.

I'd give them a thumbs up.
05-22-2006, 07:47 AM,
I use the Weezle Wear and I really like them.  The county I dive with has 10 sets of Weezle Wear and they team prefers them to the other assorted garments we have.   The Weezle Wear pack in a nice small package and keep me pretty warm (I wear them ice diving in a tri-lam suit and don't get cold). 

The material is fairly wind proof for walking around after the dive yet does not trap air during the dive.  One thing I like about them is the exterior, it is a nice slick material. I feel that I can move around a bit easier in my Viking suit.  I did not notice it too much with my Andy's suit, but the Viking is so stiff that the Weezle Wear makes a big difference.  They are pretty good a wicking away body water as well which I think helps you feel warmer. 

Be sure to check the size chart carefully.  I feel that the suits are made to tight tolerances so measure twice before you order.  Better yet, have the people at the dive shop measure you so you know you are getting the right size.

All in all I would give Weezle Wear two thumbs up!
05-22-2006, 09:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2006, 09:34 AM by john j.)
I have been using the Extreme plus for 4 years now.  Best undergarment I have ever had by far.  Much warmer than thinsulate and fleece types and it's also very soft and comfortable. 

It has a water repellent coating on the outside which keeps condensation and minor seal leaks away from the insulation.  You may find with Weezle wear that the outside of the suit is sometimes a little wet after a dive (especially long dives).  I kept thinking I had small suit leaks, but it is just condensation that is normally soaked up by other types of undergarments.  The Weezle wear keeps the moisture away from you.

Another thing I like is that it can be washed without any problem.  With other suits I always heard warnings about how the insulation value would go down if the garment was laundered.  How much sense does it make to design drysuit undergarments that can't be laundered?  No problem washing Weezle wear.  There are laundering instructions right on the garment and I have washed mine many times.

Check sizing very carefully and lean toward the larger size than you think you need.  When I bought mine, the suit I got was too small, even though the measurements said it was right for me.  I had to send it back for a larger one, but the folks at Weezle were very nice about it and took care of the problem quickly.

Two other folks I commonly dive with are also using the Extreme plus and they both like them too.

It is not often that I am highly satisfied with a product.  In this case I am.
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
05-22-2006, 10:03 AM,
John, do you or have you ever had any problems venting air from the Weezle?  I know DanL had to burn some holes in the sleeve of the outer shell of his "Extreme" undergarment under the dump valve because it trapped air. 
05-22-2006, 10:31 AM,

Hi Lonnie;

I have heard about that kind of thing, but never have seen it first hand.  The case I heard about was the fabric getting stuck in the vent valve of the drysuit and restricing the flow.  I heard that the person fixed that by sewing a patch of nylon fabric over the suit around the area where the vent valve is.  I have not heard of the suit itself trapping so much air that holes had to be poked in it.

I did notice that with the Weezle wear it takes a bit more venting time to get submerged initially.  It seems that the garment traps a lot of air when you put it on.  Once I get submerged a few feet however, it acts the same as anything else.  The first few dives with the Weezle wear I added extra weight, but then found once I got down, I was too heavy.  Now I just use a little bit of force (I swim down or pull myself down) to get down 3 or 4 feet and after that the rest of the dive is fine.
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
05-22-2006, 01:18 PM,
What about the difference between, the Extream and Extream plus. I've been using Thinsulate 400 and I'm usually pretty good temp wise. But I wasn't sure about how the Weezle thermal properties were among the two types, can anyone compaire, would it be recommended to go with the plus or would the extream be ok. I don't do any ice diving, but like to dive superior and the lakes around upper 30's.
05-22-2006, 01:37 PM,

I went with the extreme plus because I wanted the warmest possible garment.  I have never seen the extreme and extreme plus side by side so I don't know what to tell you on that.  Even with the extreme plus, in 30-40 degree water I don't get  too hot.  I don't know if the extreme is comparable to a 400 weight thinsulate.  Sorry-I can't help you on that question.
05-24-2006, 03:41 PM,
I also have the Extreme+ and have been extremely happy with them.  I've seen the Extreme and Extreme+ next to each other and there's definately a difference, however I not sure exactly how much.

I would say that once the water warms up during the summer, if you're staying above 60ft you'll probably be too warm in the Extreme+.  On the other hand, I use mine all summer long for dives any deeper than that.

You'll have to decide which one is right for you, but they're both great suits.
05-24-2006, 08:26 PM,
What I've learned about them because of the ability to compress so easily you in fact lose some thermal protection, also thermal loss is greater when the material is wet compared to 400G Thinsulate.

I've had discussions with DUI on this and of course they are going to give the best answer they have but with all the testing I've heard of from 3rd party sources in the past it seems that DUI 400G is the best choice.

The biggest factor is personal choice, most people will never say they don't like it if they just spent big bucks for either but personally I don't like either. Both limit my flexibility to a point I don't prefer that it why I use the 300G Polarfleece and have no problems staying warm with this. But the downside is if I had a complete suit flooding I will get colder much faster than if I used 400G. Risk that I take.