Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby Maps from Chuck
09-03-2006, 08:18 PM,
Crosby Maps from Chuck
A couple of weeks ago, Chuck Johnson asked me to format some Crosby map files for easy printing.  Try printing them with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.  Use the Print Wizard and choose the option for full-page photo print.  The maps should each fill an 8.5x11 page.  Or use whatever photo printing software you have.
Since this forum is limited to 100K files, I posted the maps as jpegs in the gallery section.  See them there.
Very handy, simple to use maps - thanks Chuck!
Dan L
09-04-2006, 08:08 AM,
Re: Crosby Maps from Chuck
Those maps are nice overviews, but the best, must-have maps are available from the Minnesota School of Diving in Brainerd where they have marked specific diving sites on the majority of the Crosby pit lakes.  These maps are reasonably priced and Art and I continue to find them invaluable no matter how often we go to that area to dive.

Aly
09-04-2006, 01:55 PM,
Crosby maps - Emerg Resp Plans?
Aly,
The MSD maps are great.  I think Chuck's objective is to give some introductory overview maps and general directions to those unfamiliar with ther area.  Just finding my way to Louise was a big deal when I first when up there.

Changing gears, but still related to having adequate familiarity with the dive site, given the heavy diving in the area and the recent very sad reminder that things can go wrong, has anybody posted general emergency response plan information for the area?
Is the MSD chamber operational? I know there is 911 emerg resp to the area, but do we check our cell phones to ensure signals?  What is response time to your dive site? Know location of  the nearest O2? Have access to anothers possibly needed car keys?
etc etc etc
Dan L
09-05-2006, 06:48 AM,
If I'm not mistaken, they're not allowed by their insurance to use the chamber for anything but their commercial dive school.  They'd have to have medical personnel on site and pay a ton in insurance to have it operational.
-Dave
09-05-2006, 11:28 AM,
Dave,
Bill was thinking at one point to maybe have the chamber certified, insured and staffed as a satellite of the medical center (North Memorial, I think) in Crosby.

Dan L
11-26-2006, 03:32 PM,
LONNIE    AND DAN L.

LONNIE Several months ago I think you posted a question of does anybody have the gps coordinates for LOUISE.

THIS IS THE GPS CORDINATES FOR LOUISE  (CROSBY /IRONTON MINES,  IRONTON, MN

THE EXACT LOCATION IS THE CENTER OF THE ROAD (LEADING INTO THE WATER)  FIVE FEET FROM THE WATER.

N    46 * 29.444 ft
W  093 * 59.804 ft

ELEVATION IS 1194

Question.....  shouldn't we all really be adjusting our plans to incorporate the altitude above sea level.  At least thats what the books says.    Especially if we are diving the whole weekend, and have multiple repetitive dive profiles.

Additionally, DAN  I will be posting a GPS map and emergency plan for all of us to use. 

Feel free to edit it and lets make a hybrid of the plan.
it will include all phone numbers, maps, hospitals hyperbaric chambers, dan numbers
what to do scenarios'  etc.

MAXFACTOR

11-27-2006, 10:11 AM,
Good Morning,  Page  me and we can talk  about your ideas for  emergency responce.
this for maxfactor
grumpie..........