Remember me
Lost Password Register

Quarry open in St. Cloud
06-12-2006, 09:45 AM,
Re: Quarry open in St. Cloud
Please keep us posted on this one... more dive sites are always welcome!
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
10-09-2006, 03:09 PM,
Did these ever open up to the public? 
10-09-2006, 03:57 PM,
I think they must have recenty opened them...  Here is the link to their website .  I don't know anything else other than it's quite a walk.
10-09-2006, 06:30 PM,
I may have to go up and check this out on a bicycle.  It looks like #18 may be accessible from a side street nearby, but still a good walk.  The others all look like long walks, with the shortest being a 1/4 mile!  Looks like we'll need to invest in trailers to haul our gear if we want to dive here.

Jeff
Jeff
10-09-2006, 09:17 PM,
Something that might work is kids wagon to haul the gear around in since parking is an issue. 

This place really does look interesting and I'll have to try and get up there for a dive before it is frozen over.

Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
10-10-2006, 05:20 AM,
If you check it out Jeff let us know the condition of the trails.  Hopefully the trails are good enough for carting in gear.  I sure wouldn't want to have to hike a long way lugging tanks/gear around especially after diving.
10-10-2006, 06:54 AM,
Lonnie, The trails are very well maintained.  You can easily use carts.
10-10-2006, 11:52 AM,
Cool, I may need to try and get up there in the next couple weeks and check it out.
10-10-2006, 01:52 PM,
I'm pretty interested in heading up there myself.  I've never seen these quarries, but I know Holly, who I work with at the shop, loves to go up there.  Does anyone have any info on how the diving would be?
10-10-2006, 02:10 PM,
I'm assuming these will look a little different than say Crosby, Wazee, Mesabi etc. since the St. Cloud quarries are Granite quarries rather than ore pits.