Remember me
Lost Password Register

No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits
06-12-2006, 10:26 PM,
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits
Just found out that the state of minnesota ranks 8 or 9  in total land owned by the state. 

In other words, out of 50 states,  Minnesota owns alot of minnesota. 
However, if you factor in rare states such as Nevada, where the state owns very little land, but the FEDERAL GOVT. owns about 80 percent of the land,    and you knock off  Alaska  Minnesota owns an obsene amout of land. 

LETS COMPARE COUNTIES.....  Most people in Minnesota know that HENNEPIN County is relatively large in geographic area. 
So.... lets compare other counties in Minnesota with Hennepin, and see how much of County land is controlled / owned by the state of Minnesota.

There are between 6 and 8 counties that are roughly 5 to 8 times larger in geographic territory then Hennepin, and the State of Minnesota owns on average between 25 and 45 percent of the entire county.   

OF COURSE,  MY ENTIRE POINT IN THIS DISCUSSION IS THAT THE STATE ALREADY OWNS BETWEEN 25 AND  45 PERCENT OF AIKEN, AND CROW WING COUNTY AS IT IS,    DO THEY REALLY NEED TO OWN MORE LAND ESPECIALLY  WHERE LAKE FRONTAGE IS AT STAKE. 

THE SIMPLE ANSWER IS NO.  THEY ALREADY OWN..    2.6 MILLION ACRES OF LAKES. 
I'M DONE WITH THIS .......

P.S.......    TO MAKE MY POINT ONE MORE TIME,  THE STATE CAN'T AFFORD TO MAINTAIN THE LAND THEY ALREADY OWN, SO WHY ARE THEY EVEN SUGGESTING THEY WANT TO BUY MORE LAND.      IE"  THEY CLOSED IT DOWN...FOR CAMPING,  BUT THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO PUT A SIGN UP INDICATING THAT IT'S CLOSED TO CAMPERS. 

I'M CAMPING AT LOUISE AS SOON AS I CAN GET BACK UPTHERE.  WHAT ARE THEY GONNA SAY....  CAN'T YOU READ THE INVISIBLE SIGNS AT THE  NON  EXISTENT GATE.

MAX

Messages In This Thread
No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by AandA - 06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by wtdrm - 06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Crosby pits info to B--ch about "no more camping" - by wtdrm - 06-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by MAXFACTOR - 06-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by wtdrm - 06-16-2006, 07:18 AM