Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Calhoun
06-17-2006, 07:09 AM,
Lake Calhoun
On the 27th there is a fun dive at calhoun, does anyone know the lastest conditions ??

I see that square is down to 2-3 feet Sad

06-18-2006, 05:35 PM,
Re: Lake Calhoun
I was out there on Tuesday.  Vis was probably between 5-10ft.  There isn't too much to see once you get beyond the weed line, however it's a fun dive.  There's quite a few fish hanging around in the weeds. 
06-19-2006, 08:31 AM,
Where do you put in on Calhoun?
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
06-19-2006, 04:04 PM,
North beach if you bring quarters for the parking meters...I'm thinking about it for Wednesday the 21st.  Unload your gear in the grassy slope to the right of the parking area and swimming beach.  Then park in a metered space ($.25 = 30 min of time---$.75 or $1.00 should do well for a dive.)

There is a pockmarked clay bank down about 12-18 feet after you swim out 20 yards or so, a huge iron wheel and lots of fish, the shadows of airplanes going overhead....It really is a fun dive!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
06-21-2006, 02:33 PM,

Hey, what time? Calhoun is only a 10 minute walk for me Big Grin If its in the evening, say, after 5p, I can join you. I just need to find somewhere close to rent a tank.

I reckon I'll call you in a bit, unless I read a post here. Big Grin

TTYL
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
06-21-2006, 08:51 PM,
How was the dive?

I missed the post until too late but would be interested in hooking up to give Calhoun a shot. Anyone interested?
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
06-21-2006, 10:28 PM,
I wasn't feeling up to it and had too much to do around the house before going camping this weekend....So you didn't miss anything!
Next week will be a little less hectic in my schedule!  Call me if you want to go out for a dive: (612) 597-2105
Lisa
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
06-22-2006, 07:25 AM,

I'm interested in Calhoun; although I'm working late the next couple of days and I've never been in Calhoun before.
06-24-2006, 05:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2006, 10:26 PM by WeatherPaparazzi.)
Hi all.  I just dove Calhoun today.  Dive off the 36th street parking area.  It is about 5-8 feet vis once you drop down to 25 feet.  I shot some video of the dive.  Would like to hook up with other local divers to dive the lakes and shoot footage. 

Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
07-06-2006, 11:44 PM,
Dove Calhoun last night.  Um yeah, someone forgot to put a cover sheet on the TPS Report...

Vis was 3 feet at best.
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.