Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby Report
06-28-2006, 11:06 AM,
Crosby Report
Hey guys,
    Spitfire_er and I went out to crosby Monday and Tuesday. Monday at Louise sucked, it was raining, my glove had a leak due to the zip seal not fully sealed apperently, my buddy Spitfire forgot his hood so we pretty much were stuck above 20'.

Tuesday went 200% better, good weather not too hot when suiting up, no rain. Anyway, dove Alstead (Stairway to hell) in the mid morning. Temps were good, About 70* surface temps, 20' vis. Thermoclince was set up around 17 feet or so, Down to about 42* and ~30' vis at 90 feet. Never got all the way over to the stairs but we just kind of dropped straight off to 90 feet and followed the wall over to the middle of the island. All in all a very great dive.

After that we figured we would press our luck with Louise again. Went much better this time. Again ~70* Surface temps. Thermocline is at around 20 feet. 50* at around 50 feet and wounderful vis. at ~35-40ft. We went straight off, over the boat down the wall to around 100 feet (43* or so) then came back up to the snowmobile, out to the Girl, and the Skeletons. Great dives, couldn't have asked for better dives after our first days exstravagansa.

We saw some other people out there as well, never talked to them only saw their camper and scuba flags parked at Mangan I believe, didn't know if anyone else from here was out there.

Happy Diving,
Kevin
06-29-2006, 06:53 AM,
Re: Crosby Report
thanks for the report Kevin.  I think I am gonna make a day up trip to Crosby today and get some dives in before I go to VEGAS next week.

excellent report.  Too bad about the first day.

MaxFactor