Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Shops Map
04-30-2007, 04:09 PM,
Dive Shops Map
I've created a map that I'm sure many will find useful...   The data was originally taken from the diveshops pages on mnscuba and wiscuba but then was cleaned up a bunch for missing/incorrect addresses and such.  The diveshops directory is great, but the map adds a nice visual of shops near any specific location.

To the site admins... if there is interest in getting this map up on the mnscuba/wiscuba sites (which was my original intent in creating it), get in touch and I'll help to get it up there.  Also, if the diveshops pages get modified just a smidge, the map can get updated directly from the info in those pages whenever they get updated.  We can talk more outside this thread about the specifics.

Nick

(posted on MNScuba and WIScuba)
04-30-2007, 05:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2007, 05:51 PM by LKunze.)
Re: Dive Shops Map
Thanks, nice map.  I made the thread sticky so it stays at the top of the Dive Shops forum.  You are missing a couple from in Duluth that you may want to add (Superior SCUBA Center and Innerspace.
04-30-2007, 07:48 PM,
Lon, you just have to zoom in quite a ways to see that there are three shops in Duluth...I did the same thing as you initially.

They're there, but Superior Scuba's address is no longer valid.  He needs to update his location.

Very cool map.
04-30-2007, 09:17 PM,
Quote:They're there, but Superior Scuba's address is no longer valid.  He needs to update his location.

yep, like I said... the info came right from the diveshops page here.  Wink  I manually updated the map to show the correct location even though I have no new address for them.  And yeah, it kinda stinks that the shops are so close that they basically completely overlap on the initial view of the map (now Superior Scuba Center is the one that is on top since its the farthest south).  If/when we can get the diveshops page standardized the map can get updated automatically for situations like this where a shop moves or a new shop comes to town. ;D

Glad the map seems to be useful to you guys so far!

Nick
05-01-2007, 06:45 AM,
Awesome map. Smile

This really puts it into perspective.  The twin cites must be one of the most densly populated dive shop areas in the country.  As divers we have almost unlimited options due to the number of shops! ;D 

05-01-2007, 04:22 PM,
Welcome to Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Lakes and 32 Diveshops!  Rock On!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
11-03-2007, 09:33 PM,
It seems the link does not work correctly?
Cheers good idea .

Andreas
Andreas
11-30-2007, 06:48 PM,
yes, sorry... my home computer is currently out of service and thus the page is unavailable.  This is why I had the portion of the message directed to the site admins so the map page could possibly be added to mnscuba instead of relying on my home/external site.  Wink  I'll try to get something back if I get my home computer going again some day... otherwise I can help get it onto mnscuba if there is interest.