Remember me
Lost Password Register

Helium Analyzer
06-23-2006, 10:55 AM,
Helium Analyzer
I'm in the market for a helium analyzer.  It can have an intergral oxygen analyzer as well but not 100% necessary (I already have an 02 one).

What do you know about them?  More importantly, what have your experiences been?
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
06-23-2006, 01:47 PM,
Re: Helium Analyzer
Mark

I have the Mixchek, which is distributed by oxycheq.  This is integrated, which is nice as I don't have to remember two items.  It comes in a nice case and both he and o2 seem to be consistant with other analyzers

Bill
06-23-2006, 06:48 PM,
Mark
Look at the Analox Trimix analizer. I first saw it on a charter last year and was very impressed. I bought one at the Dive into the Past show this past spring and am real happy with it. If you want a look let me know.
Bob
06-24-2006, 06:09 AM,
I might also suggest the Tek Check  by Tech Diving Ltd. Go to thier web site and you can find out more info. I've got one, and they work great. the price is right also.
06-24-2006, 02:59 PM,
Helium?  Is that the stuff that make your voice funny?  I like it.
06-25-2006, 05:06 PM,
Hey Mark,

I hate to cross post, but I found this interesting thread discussing some of the differences on RBW.

06-25-2006, 05:13 PM,
I should also add, I've seen many recommedations for the oxycheq expedition  on the basis that they are actually separate units.  If you ever have a problem with one, you won't be out both units.  You can also separate them and just take the O2 if you need it.  In your case, maybe just buying the He unit would be the way to go...

06-25-2006, 09:38 PM,
I just sent my Teledyne He/O2 analyzer into Teledyne HQ after the Truk Lagoon CCR trip, seems several people flooded the unit with sea water (flooded regulators).  One of the gals on the trip asked me "should this thing be smoking"?.....no I guess not to the tune of $450 in service and repair.

The Teledyne works well (when not flooded) but the drawback that I see is that the oxygen sensor is internal and the way I see it, you must flush it with a cal. gas -air- to verify the initial setting.  The knobs are sitting there just asking to be tweaked and this would affect your initial setting.

The Oxycrack analyzer works well - yes two separate units.

Things to consider:

battery powered, not requiring AC power seldom found on dive sites.

ease of calibration

g-whiz factor of how cool it looks.

dt

Start with training, continue with adventures.
06-25-2006, 09:48 PM,
Did you mean Oxycrack or OxyCheck??  (Or was that a "Crack" against OxyCheck?)
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!