Remember me
Lost Password Register

Offical Minneapolis Park Policy On Diving
06-28-2006, 10:14 AM,
Re: Offical Minneapolis Park Policy On Diving
Ok, I just heard back from the Minneapolis Police and they should be getting the word out to everyone today so this should be a "Non Factor" for permits but I'm sure they will be watching to see if we pull anything out of the water that has any value.

Thank you.  I am passing the information along and hopefully it will get to everyone it needs to get to.

Thanks again.
John Gaffner
Business Technology Unit
Minneapolis Police Department
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
06-29-2006, 08:38 PM,
Re: Offical Minneapolis Park Policy On Diving
Just how much illegal diving is going on in Minneapolis? Tongue....

State troopers called on to back up Minneapolis police
BRIAN BAKST
Associated Press
ST. PAUL - For the second time since 2003, a group of Minnesota State Patrol troopers will be deployed to crime-plagued neighborhoods of Minneapolis to assist city police officers.

Gov. Tim Pawlenty and city leaders announced Thursday that six troopers would be assigned to north Minneapolis beats four days a week, beginning Friday and lasting through Labor Day. They will be paired with Minneapolis officers.

Acting Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan said he is "looking forward to seeing those maroon uniforms on the streets of north Minneapolis and I'm sure many others are too."

Violent crime is on the rise in the state's largest city, and nowhere is the problem more acute than the north side. City leaders say gang activity and drugs have contributed to a recent spate of shootings and assaults.

In the summer of 2003, Pawlenty dispatched a special 12-officer unit of the State Patrol to the same area. He also made the State Patrol helicopter available.

The new effort will cost the state about $100,000, which will come out of a Department of Public Safety forfeiture account.

Minneapolis has gotten other help this year with its crime concerns. Some troopers, Hennepin County sheriff's deputies and Metro Transit Police have been working overtime shifts in downtown Minneapolis to increase police visibility after a couple of high-profile random murders.

This spring, the Legislature approved $1.5 million to help the city add officers.

Mayor R.T. Rybak said 70 additional officers are now on patrol.

"We're going to deliver more," Rybak said. "We're looking at every part of our system and making sure we are looking at problem properties and other issues."

Minneapolis City Council President Barb Johnson appreciates the short-term help but said a long-term fix is what's really needed. She said community members are frustrated that some people who are arrested are quickly released.

"In some ways, when people are not held accountable for crimes they commit and they just get back in the neighborhoods people feel like the neighborhoods are being used as jails," she said.

&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson