Remember me
Lost Password Register

My report on the Dog Rally at Wazee Lake
06-25-2006, 08:02 AM,
My report on the Dog Rally at Wazee Lake
It was a beautiful day, well I had a lot of fun, I was interviewed by a couple different newspapers and a T.V. channel from one WI. My buddy Doug from Scuba News in Florida. Came in on Saturday to come to the lake on Sunday June 18, 06 to be with me. And it was great to have him as part of my team in the water.  It was great to hang out with Susan Long and be able to be in the same water with her was awesome. It was fun to hang out with all of my family and friends and my friends in the water. It was great to finally meet the woman who designed my drysuit; if it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t have a drysuit. She is one of the biggest reason’s I have a dry suit.

got to the lake and we where looking through my equipment and my dad couldn’t find my dry suit and we couldn’t find it anywhere, my dad wasn’t kidding, my opps I forgot to double check my equipment, it turned out that my drysuit was left at home, opps, so one of my friends called their bother and he came over to my house where my grandmother was home watching our dog o pick up my dry suit, he met my friends husband and dad.

Met half way to get my dry suit, I’m lucky to have such a great family and friends, my dive was delayed until 2:00pm, but it give me time to visit with my friends that I haven’t seen for awhile. I got to dive for a little while, not as long as I wanted to but at least I still dived. I broke the surface a couple of times, my buddies forgot to put on my arm straps and my arms kepted going up above my head. I didn’t realize that my arms could bend that far. My mask kept coming up on me. But it’s going to always be a little different on each dive. If you added the total time that I was under water it would total up to 15 minutes. I was at 5ft. The visibility was great, it about 38ft.  Once I get the rebreather and all that other stuff with the vent I’ll be able to go 20ft. should be able to test all of that in the next couple of weeks, it needs to be tested a lot before I can use it.

And there where a bunch of people clapping for me when I got out of the water.

My next dive will be a lot longer at Square Lake, Stillwater, MN  I will be doing a lot of lake dives before the Florida trip, I will be working on getting a fundraiser together in the next couple of months. To help me get to Florida in November.

I wrote up a manual now so that everyone will know what to do to help me dive right.

I attached 5 pics on this site:

Here is the TV broadcast, did not show me underwater.  But here is the link, check it out. 

Here is two new articles the first one is from the Black River Falls WI. news paper Another one is the MN Pioneer Press, Nancy Yang, they are good articles. 

Take care everyone.

Matt.
So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.<br />-Christopher Reeve-