Remember me
Lost Password Register

TEA PARTY anyone...
06-27-2006, 07:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2006, 07:54 AM by MAXFACTOR.)
TEA PARTY anyone...
I was just reading some infomation from DIVE WIRE NEWS.   I thought all the tech and deep divers might find this interesting.   Therefore:

Russian Navy says Diversitea has positive effect on reduction of nitrogen waste in the body

Dallas-May 16, 2006– Diversitea Herbal Supplement Tea for Divers was recently tested at the Makarov State Maritime Academy in St. Petersburg, Russia. 
A controlled study was conducted where two groups of mice (50 in each group) were taken to 180 meters ( about 600 feet) in a hyperbaric chamber for 20 minutes, then brought up to surface pressure, with a 3 minute safety stop at 3 meters/15 feet.
One group was given Diversitea for three weeks before being submerged and the control group received plain water.  Upon ascent, the mice who received Diversitea had a mortality rate of 14%, and the control group mortality rate was 70%.  In other words, 86% of the mice who were given Diversitea survived, and only 30% of the control mice survived.
This led the testers to conclude that Diversitea Herbal Supplement Tea appears to have a positive effect on the reduction of Nitrogen waste in the body, as less formal experiments had previously indicated.

ANY THOUGHTS...   could this be the answer to some less deco time.  Would longer body saturation of prior tea consumption help.   Keep in mind that the deco stop was only 3 minutes from 600 ft.....     what if a staged deco time occurred at 2 or 3 deeper stops. etc.\

just some information to chew on.  In the future diver MICKEY,  might be chewing on cheese and drinking TEA supplements...

I can see it now,  all the algorithm's will need to ask the question with or without tea in calculating decos    :Smile lol
MaxFACTOR
06-27-2006, 08:51 AM,
Re: TEA PARTY anyone...
I don't know about less deco time but if it helps it would be a nice extra safety measure to add to the dive plan.
06-28-2006, 08:54 AM,
Just ordered my free samples.  Looks like no more deco for me!!
06-28-2006, 09:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2006, 02:13 PM by Mark Y.)

Yeah, you and Matt Damon...
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
06-28-2006, 05:53 PM,
Matt Damon!!!!! >Big Grin