Remember me
Lost Password Register

what's the best sites, ore-be-gone
06-27-2006, 06:30 PM,
what's the best sites, ore-be-gone
Going up to Ore-be-gone on Thursday morning. I have never been there so am asking for a general idea of what people are calling the best dive sites there. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Will Adams
06-27-2006, 06:37 PM,
Re: what's the best sites, ore-be-gone
Hey Will, pretty much all of the sites have buoys tied off to them.  Out in front of the beach you'll see three buoys.  The one on the left is a training platform at 55 feet.  The next one to the right of that is the Army plane and the next one to the right of the plane is one of the railcar speeders.  There are underwater lines connecting some of the sites.  Over to the left of the boat launch the first buoy is the Huey helicopter and the one to the right of that is the school bus.  Over on the other side of the lake there is a twin engine plane.  To get to that site you have to drive into the ATV park and go past the park where the road goes from paved to gravel.  It's a ways down.  There are a couple dive accesses down the gravel road.  The first one is the one you want to take to get to the access nearest to the twin engine plane.  Hope this helps.  While you are up there I recommend running over to Lake Mine and St. James Pit as well if you haven't dove there before.