Remember me
Lost Password Register

Camping in the Crosby Mines
07-12-2007, 11:25 AM,
Re: Camping in the Crosby Mines
I agree with you in part - Most divers that camp are very respectful of their fellow divers and do make an effort to clean up after themselves. However, I am finding more frequently that the garbage and litter left at dive sites is from divers, not as you say, teens. Teens don't use Aqualung products, or Zeagle products. Labels from these products were mixed in with the beer bottles and soda cans that were piled up and left at the site. I also find it very inconsiderate when divers park trailers on the access ramp to Louise so other divers cannot get to the access easily. Louise happens to be a very popular dive site. It has great visibility, recreational depths, and a variety of things to dive on. Dive groups should be respectful of others rights to dive the same site. I feel that, as a community, the divers need to be a little more thoughtful of others that may want to enjoy the activity and see the things we see.
[/quote]
The trailer was brought down to assist new divers in gearing up. divers from all the shops were using it and I am sorry you believe you you were slighted. if the trailer was not there there would have been many tarps there making it hard to walk to the site also.
insted of blaming everyone else have you helped clean up the area?
rember we have the right to be there also and if you dont want to be there with us you have the right to try one of the other pits.
by the way there was a larg truck parked at the top of the access at portsmouth also.

by the way wtdrm I am working with a realter about buying some of the land on the pits to make 2 campsites with controled entrences. I will let you know if this moves forward.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
07-12-2007, 02:25 PM,
Re: Camping in the Crosby Mines

Must surly be divers from a shop that carries both those brands... :Smile