Remember me
Lost Password Register

FREEDIVE APALOOZA.. July 15-16th, 2006 - Wazee
07-07-2006, 07:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2007, 04:27 PM by freedivernd.)
FREEDIVE APALOOZA.. July 15-16th, 2006 - Wazee
The Freedive Apalooza is a go again next weekend at Black River Falls, Wi.. at Lake Wazee.  This will be the 3rd annual get together.  We had about a dozen freedivers there last year, a good time was had for sure.  Jon from wisconsin (Freedive Wi) had his diver safety system there plus having several experienced freedivers there for safety was a great plus if anyone was interested in the deeper depths.  I'm sure Jon has the weekend on his list again and will have his gear there.. I'll have all my gear there.. which means lots of extra freediving equipment to use or tryout.  Scuba fins and masks work out fine to for the shallower depths, and we'll spend quite a bit of time there too.  We also had a speargun course setup that I understand was pretty cool... I didn't try it, but I have several styrofoam targets and spearguns I can bring along so maybe we'll have a target range setup again.  Maybe we have an outdoor movie again on saturday night (Jon?).  With the underwater camera's we could probably get some video/photos during the day and check it out in the evenings too.  A good time to work on technique.  If you have any interest in trying freediving, a little extreme snorkeling, or even just some good surface time, this is the time and place.. good support, lots of knowledge and experience, and a great place to dive.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-08-2006, 11:07 AM,
Re: FREEDIVE APALOOZA.. July 15-16th - Wazee
I've been getting lots of emails so it looks to be the biggest group up there yet- some are even flying in from Texas just to join us! :o

I'll have the counter balance retrieval system up there again- as well as lots of fins, monofins, spearguns, and other toys.

Fred, did you see who the latest member is- none other than Bogdan, Mr. Monofin, himself!

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
07-08-2006, 12:19 PM,
yup on the Bogdan, saw that last night or this a.m...  good to see the midwest becoming so popular.  glad to hear about the potential turn out for the apalooza.  Is anyone going to be able to show us a movie saturday night?  Really looking forward to seeing everyone again.  Later,
Fred
07-14-2006, 03:33 PM,
Hey Fred/Jon, I'm finally going to be out there during your big weekend.  Eric Meyers, Jason Baker and myself are coming out for the day.  Hope we bump into you guys out there.  Haven't seen either of you in a couple years. Wink
07-19-2006, 04:06 PM,
This year's event was the biggest yet- over two dozen freedivers in the water at once!

We had divers from as far away as Texas and others from as close as La Crosse. I spent almost 10 hours straight in the water on Saturday, which was the best way to beat the heat that I can think of.  Fred even talked the Redbull models into giving it a shot!

We also had some really great food- who knew that we had freedivers in our midst who are also champion BBQer's? I would think that next year's even would double in size form the quality of the food alone. Wink

Thansk to everyone who could make it!

Jon

Attached Files
.jpg   redbull.jpg (Size: 90.65 KB / Downloads: 202)
.jpg_thumb   redbull.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.12 KB / Downloads: 0)
06-26-2007, 12:12 PM,
I was at the second  Freediving Apalooza, I would like to make it to the 4th.  Do you have dates set for the 2007 event yet?

EsoxLucius
06-26-2007, 04:37 PM,
Yes,

This year it's July 14 and 15- with many of us getting up there on the 13th.

Jon
06-27-2007, 12:08 AM,
I'll be there! 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
06-27-2007, 11:44 AM,
Damn, another year I cannot make it.  I leave for the Texas Flower Gardens on the 15th and am diving Superior with my LDS on the 13th.

You will have to get me the dates for 2008 as soon as you know them so I can plan ahead.

EsoxLucius
06-27-2007, 09:53 PM,
ain't that the pits.... see ya next year!
Fred