Remember me
Lost Password Register

Tall Pines Scuba shop
07-10-2006, 09:44 AM,
Tall Pines Scuba shop
I was up in Gilbert for a Jeeping event, and was gonna try to get in a few dives, I went into Virgina to get a few tanks from Tall Pines, and they were closing up the shop, going out of business. what a bummer!!

Anyone know if there are plans to open somewhere else? there dosent seem to be any info on the website.

are there other close dive shops that rent tanks?
07-10-2006, 11:24 AM,
Re: Tall Pines Scuba shop
Scott, unfortunately there are no other shops up there and I am not aware of any other shops opening up there in the near future.  Your best bet is to rent tanks and bring them with you.
07-10-2006, 05:47 PM,
I am working with a couple of people where possibly there will be air up there Lets keep our fingers crossed
Rick
01-04-2007, 12:04 AM,
Divers interested in renting equipment for diving the Virginia area mine pits can call us at Superior Scuba Center.  Currently Rick from Tall Pines is working with us to provide some service to divers wanting support for diving the Virginia mine pits.

Good Diving!
Jay
06-02-2007, 12:57 PM,
There is a Dive Shop in Ely about an hour further north.  They offer rental, airfills, accessories, PADI classes. It's called A & W Diving and has been in Ely about 30 years.  The owner also does day trips on Burnside lake on his 30ft pontoon boat built for divers..it's awesome. Burnside is a beautiful lake to dive, with viz up to 30 ft.  Contact me if you'd like their phone number
06-02-2007, 02:12 PM,
Encourage them to get their shop listed in the Dive shop list.  Free publicity is hard to come by
06-03-2007, 02:57 PM,
I'll talk to him, although he'll tell me to do it for him...and your right free advertising is better than good.
06-03-2007, 03:08 PM,
Last summer we hit a mine pit up around Ely...but it was full of trash...tons and tons of rubber boots.  Viz was black around 40 feet, if I remember right.  But would be willing to try another body of water up there...any other suggestions?