Remember me
Lost Password Register

pregnant hammerhead 55 pups DOA
07-12-2006, 02:51 PM,
pregnant hammerhead 55 pups DOA
Lucky catch turns out to be history maker, but  unfortunately for all of us, a fisherman caught a 1250 lb  hammerhead, that was found to be pregnant with delivery of 55 pups just days away.

see article from  DIVERNET.

maxfactor
07-14-2006, 03:03 PM,
Re: pregnant hammerhead 55 pups DOA
I really wish he had caught that shark after the pups were released from the mother. From a research prospective, its nice to know that Hammerheads are capable of producing that many offspring, but I believe Hammerheads in that area are rare as it is.
07-14-2006, 03:37 PM,
This stuff really ticks me off, what sick pleasure do people get from killing things?

I know he didn't intend to catch a pregnant shark, but he was fishing for sharks, why?
07-17-2006, 02:08 PM,
This is really sad.  You would think that it wouldn't matter that the shark was prgnant.  He should of just released her.
07-17-2006, 03:14 PM,

It is a primal/survival instinct that most carnivores posess. Have you ever had fresh shark steaks in a garlic and lemon marinade lightly seared on an open flame?
07-23-2006, 10:37 AM,

Are you in PETA?

07-24-2006, 07:03 AM,

Are you in PETA?

[/quote]

No, I just get no satisfaction out of killing things.  Sorry if it makes me Un-American.

As far as carnal instincts go, we have a lot of them, the ability to control them is one of the things that separates us from animals.

07-24-2006, 07:43 AM,
I am!!!
PETA

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals.

However this Hammerhead incident makes me sick.

CJ
07-24-2006, 11:48 AM,

[/quote

As far as carnal instincts go, we have a lot of them, the ability to control them is one of the things that separates us from animals.
Quote:

I was merely answering your question as a person who gets great pleasure ;D(almost erotic) :o from killing things. I assume by your statements that you are a vegetarian? In my opinion it would be very hypocritical to make these statements and have someone else do your killing for you while still reaping the benefits of the kill.
07-25-2006, 12:18 PM,
There are all kinds of things that I find no pleasure in, but I do anyway.  I enjoy having a nice lawn, though I don't enjoy lawn work.  I enjoy the benefits of exercise, though I don't enjoy exercising.  I'm not a vegetarian, nor am I a PETA member, I simply don't understand killing things for pleasure, it's that simple. 

You might enjoy taking a good dump after eating a lemon marinated Giant Panda steak, lightly seared on an open flame, but you probably wouldn't enjoy cleaning out the clogged toilet afterwards.  Does that make you a hypocrite?