Remember me
Lost Password Register

Talk About Deep Diving
09-30-2002, 06:14 PM,
Talk About Deep Diving
I cut the following from a site I frequent.. unbelievable. Remember, constant ballast is swimming down and swimming up with the same weight .. free immersion is pulling down a rope and pulling up on a rope. Oh yes.. and 93 meters is 305 feet!!!

.....Venezuelan freediver Carlos Cost today in a training imposed an unofficial new world record in constant ballast with a dive to 93 meters in a time of 3 minutes 28 seconds. The attempt is guaranteed solely by his Federation. Last Thursday he already had managed to reach in free immersion a depth of 92 meters in a time of 3 minutes 35 seconds, a record that has been done by Austrian Herber Nicht. On October 3 the record will be broken officially before judges Internacional in Port Cross Edo. Aragua, and on Octobery 6, will also attempt the world record for free Immersion.

Just wanted to share that info with you all.

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
10-01-2002, 09:49 AM,
Re:Talk About Deep Diving
Thanks Fred, that's incredible! I don't think I can hold my breath for 30 seconds let alone 3 minutes 30 seconds...
10-01-2002, 06:36 PM,
Hey Fred
Will you send us the link to that site.
Thanks Al
10-01-2002, 06:48 PM,
The site is

Fred
10-01-2002, 07:13 PM,

WOW

Great site, thanks
10-01-2002, 07:26 PM,
Hey wazeediver.. yup, that is a great site... I have learned a ton of info from that site, lots of world record/class freedivers are on that site and very happy to help the beginner freediver advance. Glad to see that you signed up.

Fred