Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Michigan wrecks - Racine/Milwaukee area
08-27-2007, 08:21 PM,
Lake Michigan wrecks - Racine/Milwaukee area
We did some wreck diving in Lake Michigan this weekend.  It was mostly calm for us on Saturday 1-2ft waves, and Sunday was calmer untill the afternoon it started to pick up a little more.

We dove the Wisconsin twice, both great dives.  Excellent vis and some great places inside to see.  The Dredge was another cool dive, better than I thought it would be, since it is upside down, you can swim up under it and poke around the machinery and different rooms.  The Willy was great as well, a bit of current had us play mostly inside of the wreck, it also brought in some sediment, vis was about 20ft in most spots.
-Matt
08-28-2007, 12:19 PM,
Re: Lake Michigan wrecks - Racine/Milwaukee area
I am glad you had a nice time..Next time you need to see some of the other wrecks..i dont know your certification level, but for sure hit the Milwaukee Car Ferry..and if you are trained...the St. Albans...EMBA....Grace Channon..There are of course many other smaller wrecks in water less than 100ft....if you dont have info on them..let me know..i will provide gps coordinates for most of them...

Good Diving

Deano
Oops Did I really say that?????