Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lac Lavon Lake in Burnsville
07-13-2007, 08:31 PM,
Re: Lac Lavon Lake in Burnsville
I believe the city is attempting to prevent lawsuits due to poor swimming ability.  We hear it every summer, people chase soccer balls into the lake, swim beyond the markers, forget their life vests on boats....

Just because we are equipped to breathe beneath the water doesn't mean that nothing will happen.  Perhaps the city could adopt a policy of "Liability Reliease form and annual dive permit"?  my $.02
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
07-13-2007, 09:18 PM,

Yes but you can't regulate stupid people, they are stupid for a reason. 

I'm just going to keep a copy of the Bloomington, Burnsville, Dakota County and State laws with me and the Apple Valley "Lac" of a law (bad pun) to show law enforcement if anyone asks.  There is no law in Apple Valley.  There is in other places that state "Underwater Breathing Equipment" but not in Apple Valley.  If the police say anything, there making up a law or using another law that does not cover this law. 

There is no law on the books, it's that simple.  They need to define it as "SCUBA DIVING" and since there are laws on several other nearby cities and for the county that define "SCUBA DIVING"

State is here and listed at the top of local diving.

And Dakota County law is here.

Section D - Scuba Diving

It shall be unlawful, when in a County Park, for any person to:

1. Scuba dive in violation of Minnesota Statute §86B.601;

2. Scuba dive in a designated swimming area;

3. Scuba dive within 100 feet of watercraft access point; or

4. Conduct scuba diving instruction without a permit.

The city of Apple Valley code does not define or requlate the act of Scuba Diving on their books as outlined by several nearby cities, the county and the state. 

Until the city outlaws or requires a permit, there blowing smoke if they stop you.
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
09-02-2007, 01:32 PM,
We dove the Apple Valley side of Lac Lavon Saturday, Sept. 1.  Vis is much less than I remember last year....2-5 ft.  Very mucky at 25 ft.  Nice houses on the west side of the lake...Too bad they block out the sunlight to the middle of the lake by 5:30 pm, and I didn't bring my big dive light!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!