Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby Mines Conditions?
07-28-2006, 07:46 AM,
Crosby Mines Conditions?
Has anyone been to the mines in the past week? 'Wondering what the vis is like this time of year, & if the low precipitation has affected it one way or the other.
07-28-2006, 11:45 AM,
Re: Crosby Mines Conditions?
Hope to find out this weekend.  Myself and a few others are planning on heading up there Sunday morning for the day.  Louise has been real good for viz this year (25 feet) when I was last up there on July 2nd. 
07-30-2006, 08:43 PM,
Louise had about 20 - 25 feet of viz today. 
07-30-2006, 08:54 PM,
Thanks for the report.  I'm probably headed up there on Wed.  My friend Darrell from Ft Worth needs some drysuit/doubles time prior to heading up to Isle Royale.

Jeff
Jeff
07-30-2006, 08:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2006, 08:12 AM by MAXFACTOR.)
CROSBY.....   Menomen 1 and 2 had  about   12 feet of good vis, and 18 feet of fair.

nice dives with the Public Safety divers,  2 instructors and sheriff, and 3 coffee clubers. and thanks again Grumpie,

Lonnie, Eric, and others,  nice finally meeting you guys up at Louise when I was leaving.

I'll look forward to talking more with you this week.

also we found 2 weight pouches  in  Menomen, near the platform,    contact GRUMPIE,  for more details if you lost them.  

JOE B.

maxfactor.
07-31-2006, 09:13 PM,
The pit we found the wt. pouches in is Mannomin or Menomin or "Ojibwe for wild rice"!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
08-07-2006, 09:47 PM,
The north side of Huntington had great vis this past weekend. 
08-19-2006, 03:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2006, 11:30 PM by WeatherPaparazzi.)
Just driving back from Crosby right now and not sure of the name but it was the one with the pipe.  Vis was freaking great but damn that water gets cold below 25 feet.  Above 25 feet it was like diving in the tropics with big ass bass and northerns coming up to me.  I got almost 3 hours of dive time today and almost 2 hours of footage. 

Great place, just way the hell up here.   

The Thermo was cool with the look of going  into some kind of time warp.
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
08-20-2006, 06:22 PM,
I was up there this weekend as well.  We did dives at Louise, Mangan, Mahnomen 2 and Alstead.  Viz was down from earlier in the summer but still better than anything around the twin cities.