Remember me
Lost Password Register

Fish ID book
10-01-2002, 08:39 PM,
Fish ID book
I've been complaining to my dive buddies all year that I can't identify local freshwater fish very well. I've been looking in dive shops for a freshwater fish guide but have not been able to find anything.

I stumbled across this MN DNR site where they offer a local fish ID guide for $1.75. I'll try to order it tomorrow. I thought other people might be interested.

--Jason
10-02-2002, 05:53 AM,
Re:Fish ID book
Cool, I should get one of those guides too. I am terrible at fish ID.
10-02-2002, 07:48 AM,
Kinda spendy though Wink

Just kidding of course, good find Jason... I think I'll be ordering one as well. I have stumbled into a couple that I was unsure of and it would be nice to know what I am looking at.

Thanks for the info!
10-02-2002, 08:25 AM,
That's a really awesome find by Jason! We thought booklet would be a great idea for us. We ordered 12 of them, so if anyone is lazy, let us know we'll put them aside...yeah, yeah, they are the same cost as you would get them for a whopping $1.75! You just save your $0.37 in postage, a check, and whatever they charge to send it?

The DNR knew they could fit everything in, so they are also looking for feedback, and any evaluations for future additions. Anything they missed, etc, let the DNR know. They couldn't fit all the fish of MN, so the complete list is avail. for download PDF (5 pages) for anyone who wants the who list (Pictures and descriptions not included on the PDF file).

Thanks again Jason!
10-02-2002, 02:40 PM,
Jason: Check out the Aquarium in Duluth we have a nice 24x36 poster with native fish
10-02-2002, 06:32 PM,
Can you get those in a smaller size, say 7*10?
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
10-04-2002, 08:25 PM,
Pat at fantasea showed me a freshwater Ident-I-Card pack today. I thought this was a great way to identify fish. The cards are laminated and you can dive with them.

Check them out at:

--Jason
10-07-2002, 07:46 PM,
Thanks Jason! Exactly what I had in mind.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
10-08-2002, 10:00 AM,
Hey Jason & Everyone,

Those MN Fish Watch Booklets came in today. They're clear, concise, and a useful guide. Printed on laminated and tear-proof paper, for such a dirt-cheap cost, they're a great value. If anyone is interested stop by, email, or call us.

FantaSea Scuba
952-890-3483
fantasea@fantaseadivers.com
10-08-2002, 07:01 PM,
By laminated, do you mean they can be clipped to a slate and taken underwater?

Tom