Remember me
Lost Password Register

Burnsville Diving Permit Info
07-19-2007, 05:23 PM,
Burnsville Diving Permit Info
I stopped out to the Burnsville City Hall to ask about the diving permits and found out the 411.

There is no charge for the permits.

You just have to show up to the park and rec office and ask for a diving permit and bring your diver card to prove you are a trained diver.  Then you just have to sign a form with the time and date of your planned dive saying your diving at your own risk and in which lake.

They just give a copy of the form to the police to keep on file incase someone calls them asking what is going on. 

So it sounds kind of like a pain if you just want to go and jump in the water but at the same time they want to know you know what your doing for safety reasons and it's free. 
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
07-19-2007, 06:31 PM,
Re: Burnsville Diving Permit Info
Sounds like big brother is watching you :-[
07-19-2007, 09:06 PM,
Re: Burnsville Diving Permit Info
heh, that's nothing new!!!  My Big, er "Little" Brother "Judge Dreadful" is always watching me on this board.

Over 75 dives in the last year and I still have not dove with him.
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.