Remember me
Lost Password Register

Isle Royale tech trip
08-21-2006, 02:31 PM,
Isle Royale tech trip
Here's a gallery of photos from our trip August 11-14 2006 with Ken Merryman aboard the Heyboy.

Despite 39-degree surface temps the first day and high winds on the last day, we had 5 great dives.  Thanks to Cap'n Ken and crewman Bob Nelson for all their help.
08-21-2006, 02:47 PM,
Re: Isle Royale tech trip
Awesome pictures Roger!  I really liked the Kamloops photos in the engine room...they're crystal clear.
08-23-2006, 06:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2006, 06:23 AM by MAXFACTOR.)
Re: Isle Royale tech trip
Roger,   Fantastic pictures.   Thanks for sharing them. 

I just got back from a GUDC sponsored trip to Isle Royal as well. If you think you were cramped on Ken's boat,  try..... putting 7 divers plus Ken in the boat for 4 days. 

However,  we all had a great time,  great diving and I'm looking forward to the combined photos from all of the divers and the video we did on 7 different wrecks.

Two of us also did a night dive on the America......  I will tell you that the water seemed much warmer at night.  The avg. bottom temp. ... where we were -  was in the 41 degree range.  Thermo climb was at about 58 feet.

Visibility and Weather was excellent.  Flat to 4 foot waves throughout the four days. (Friday to Monday)

MAXFACTOR