Remember me
Lost Password Register

GUDC JAMBOREE
08-20-2006, 07:15 AM,
GUDC JAMBOREE
Hey folks. I hate to say it but summer is almost gone. So it is time for the annual Crsoby Jamboree. We will be at Louise this weekend. There is no cost. I will be staying at Louise as will lots of other folks.
Stop by and say hello or id you are just looking for somebody to dive with come on up. We will have a great time.
I will be going up Thursday night. Staying till Sunday.

Hope to see you there!!!
CJ
08-21-2006, 07:22 AM,
Re: GUDC JAMBOREE
Hey Chuck,
I had to buy a camping trailer but I think I convinced Lisa to join us this year. So it look like the whole clan will be their Me, the wife, 2 kids and a dog, living in a trailer.(I think ther's a county song there) Wink
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
08-21-2006, 10:11 AM,
for it to be a country song, the dog will have to bite you, the wife will run away, and the trailer will lose a wheel...

I'm going to try to swing over Saturday afternoon/evening, but I'm not sure what all is on my ToDo list at Mom's, so I can't say for sure yet!

Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
08-21-2006, 06:40 PM,
Note to all divers,

GUDC will be having their anual jamboree at lake louise on friday the 25th to sunday the 27th.  there will be prizes and scavenger hunts as well.

hope to see you there

JOSH from GUDC
08-22-2006, 12:18 PM,
I will be there.  Hope to meet some new people.  I know Chuck/Steph and Jon. Don't know anyone else.

We are arriving on Friday(from N Wi) and Chuck is most kind to meet us at the Holiday Station in Crosby and show us where to go.

I am bringing my drysuit, 7mm suit and 3mm suit.  Over here we have been using the 3mm this hot summer.

How bad is the red iron ore on the suits ?

Do we bring dishes to pass for some of the meals ? anyone know ?

We are moteling it at the Country Inn by Deerwood.

gail

ps we drive a red tarus with "pnk fins" on the plate-- come say hi
08-22-2006, 12:49 PM,
Well, anything that the iron touches will become red, so I suggest bringing old clothes; although, besides the few days of rain, it has been pretty dry so there should not be too many puddles for clothes  or shoes to become the reddish color in.

As far as underwater wear, i suggest using a 7mm wetsuit, or even better, a dry suit.  The surface temperature should be around the same as the air, however, once you get past the thermocline, the water drops off rapidly, and around 100 ft, the temp is about 40 degrees.

08-22-2006, 12:57 PM,
Hey Gail!
what time do you think you guys are rolling in Friday?  I'll be driving up to Mom's, so if I think about it I'll cruise the parking lot looking for your plates...

jon
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
08-22-2006, 02:01 PM,
Jon, we are meeting Chuck on friday around noon at the Holiday in Crosby.

gail
08-22-2006, 02:44 PM,
depending on what time I get out of the Cities, how traffic is, and my mental state by the time I get that far... I might check the hotel parking lot, or could possibly drive thru the camping spots Friday evening.  but I would guess that I won't stop on Friday, and instead I'll just hope to get my work done early enough Saturday to come play for a while later in the afternoon.

Jon
08-22-2006, 06:02 PM,
We will be at the Louise pit.
CJ