Remember me
Lost Password Register

He was a good friend and dive buddy
08-29-2006, 02:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2006, 01:28 PM by jasondbaker.)
He was a good friend and dive buddy
I would like to send my deepest sympathy to Jere's family, he was a good man and loved by many.

I always looked forward to diving "The Pits" with Jere, not only was he a good diver and friend, but he was a heck of a cook, he always fed me well.

I will never forget diving Diamond Cove with Jere and Jennie, no lights, always an adventure. Jere always brought a smile to my face and his mere presence would "light-up" the room.

I will miss my Dive Buddy.

Dave Torry
St. Cloud, MN
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
08-29-2006, 07:47 PM,
Re: He was a good friend and dive buddy
One thing is for sure, he will never leave our thoughts

be sure to stop by GUDC, we will soon be having red and white ribbons with his name on them to give out...

JOSH at GUDC
08-29-2006, 08:00 PM,
Gentlemen,

The ribbons are almost done. Just another day or two and I will post as to when they are ready for anyone to pick up.
Free to all, and free to wear in remembrance of a very special man.
Please feel free to wear them at his Memorial.

Michelle~
08-30-2006, 09:01 AM,
Jere was a heck of a good friend to me, I was shocked to hear the news, my heart goes out to his family. He helped me out greatly with my dream, I only knew Jere for about 6 months but it felt like a lifetime. Well I'am not giving up on my dream, Jere wouldn't want me to, I'am going to Florida to dive for him. Well I'am glad we all got to know him he was one very special guy. He well always be in my thoughts.

Take care everyone, safe diving Sincerely Matt
So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.<br />-Christopher Reeve-
08-30-2006, 12:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2006, 01:05 PM by LKunze.)

I had probably dove "The Pits" with Jere 30 times over the past couple years, he was one of the few divers I trusted to accompany me on a deep dive, such as Diamond Cove. We shared a lot of knowledge and "BS" together over the years, and I will never forget him.

Dave Torry
St. Cloud, MN
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
08-30-2006, 04:28 PM,
You can find a nice story about Jere and his goal of supporting Matt in today's Star Tribune:

--Jason