Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Cleanup, Sept 9th
08-30-2006, 11:15 PM,
Underwater Cleanup, Sept 9th
Hi all,  Innerspace will be doing an underwater cleanup w/ the Greal Lakes Aquarium on Saturday, September 9, 2006.  We will meet at Innerspace at 9:30am to hand out collecting bags, forms, fill tanks, etc.  We will head out to the clean up site by 10:00am. 

We are looking for divers, snorkelers, youth organizations, scout groups, and other interested parties to join us and do something good for our local waters. 

Participants will get a FREE Beachsweep 2006 t-shirt from the GLA while supplies last.

Lunch will be provided at 2:00 pm at Innerspace Scuba in our rear parking lot for all our divers and participants, nothing fancy but should help with the post dive munchies!

Please call us at 218-726-1010 to pre-register by the 4th so that we get an accurate headcount for lunch!

We'll fill your tanks free, and also will provide free "rental" of any gear (first come first serve) for certified divers.   For the free gear rental we need to get a credit card swipe as a deposit, see a valid photo ID, and your c-card.  The gear MUST be returned at 2:00 pm once the clean up is over.

Hope to see you there!
09-01-2006, 10:32 AM,
Re: Underwater Cleanup, Sept 9th
Now I remember why that weekend was out for me.  I've got to work Saturday morning.  If I get back early enough, I'll suit up and show up.  I really wanted to go this year, too.  :-[
09-01-2006, 01:29 PM,
For anyone who is interested, they have a terrestrial cleanup occurring at the same time as the underwater event.

I’ll be heading up with the family. My wife and kids will be cleaning up on top while I work on the bottom.

The Great Lakes Aquarium has cleanup information available on their web site at

09-02-2006, 10:31 AM,

Thanks!  Forgot the link.  It was getting a bit late and I was about to fall asleep!

Since the 4th is Labor Day, we will be closed.  You can call up to closing time (6pm) on the 5th to let us know if you are going to make it.  You can also leave a message on our voice mail!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!