Remember me
Lost Password Register

Thank you from the Thorne Family
09-01-2006, 03:20 PM,
Thank you from the Thorne Family
The Thorne family would like to thank everyone for their support during this difficult time.  Your phone calls and condolences have been a great comfort to us all.

Sincerely,
Roz Thorne
Neil and Marge Stueven
Jean (Thorne) Tollefson
Amy and Kelly Tollefson

09-01-2006, 07:01 PM,
Re: Thank you from the Thorne Family
I apologize for the delay in this post.  Amy has been trying to get us on since Monday a.m.  My brother died on August 27th at Louise ore pit pursuing his passion.  I , my daughters Amy and Kelly and John Olsen have lost a brother, uncle, friend and dive buddy.  We logged dives together in many sites and dive locations.  I recall our first warm water dive trip to Cozumel in February 2000.  Jere was Amy's dive buddy,  I was Roz's dive buddy and Kelly and John were buddies.  It was so memorable..not only our first ocean diving , but to experience it through the eyes of the girls as well.
I was not at Louise at the time of Jere's death.  I would like to express my deep gratitude to all those at the site that day who were part of the effort to rescue my brother.  The coroner's report is not back yet so we do not know exactly what happened.  I believe in my heart that he died a peaceful death .There is nothing anyone at the site that day  could have done  to make the outcome any different. 
I have been overwhelmed at the outpouring of love, support and sympathy that I am receiving from the dive community.  You are a special group of people and I want to thank each of you for being a part of Jere's life.
I would like to close with words I heard often from Jere with regards to many aspects of life...

"Dive on"

Jean
09-05-2006, 10:39 AM,
Re: Thank you from the Thorne Family
Jean-

My condolonces go out to you and your family. I tend to feel that when you leave this world and move on to the next, that people leave either a positive or negative mark on this world. There is no question that Jere overpowered the many negative marks by his single mark on this world. 

A basic law of physics states that "Energy can neither be created or destroyed, it can only be transformed"

Jere is no exception.

God Bless!!

Paul Bogart