Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby rust stains
09-09-2006, 04:38 AM,
Crosby rust stains
Hey I'm still trying to get the rusty stuff from Crosby off my gear from a few weeks ago.  YES is rinsed it off really good ;D  But some of the gear has this brown tinge to it now and it won't come out. 

Any ideas how to get it off the boots, fins, and mask?
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
09-09-2006, 05:32 AM,
Re: Crosby rust stains
Foget about it. It's a badge of courage.
Enjoy it and look like and old salt.
CJ
09-09-2006, 11:05 AM,
I love my rust colored gear Wink  Have you seen the cuyuna camo at MSD?
Tim
09-09-2006, 05:49 PM,

Buy new stuff!??
09-11-2006, 07:53 AM,
just keep diving in Crosby and youll look like everyone else  Big Grin
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
09-12-2006, 12:15 AM,
Scuba Cartman says

"SON OF A... " 
"Buy new stuff, eh yeah right, you guys can just kiss my black..."
"BEEF CAKE"

Well, I guess I will just have to live with it.  Not going to buy new stuff since I did not buy the rec gear and bought dive rite tech gear. 

It is just funny that my new pro ear mask looks like it has 1000 dives on it with the rust tinge to it. 
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
09-12-2006, 07:00 PM,
just for thought...melaleuca a direct marketing company makes a product called solumel..it works quite well on shipwreck spooge....i have not used it on iron ore stains specifically...i do remember as a kid that it would take days just to get it off my hands and feet when i used to swim in the quarries on the Iron range.  You will have to find someone that is involved with this company to get your hands on it though...This i can help you with as i know several, but i dont know if it will for sure work on iron ore...being that i have a rather serious back issue at this time i wont be diving...if anyone that has this problem wants to hook up with me in the Duluth area.....i may be able to see if it works.......and we could go from there.......just a thought.......
Deano
Oops Did I really say that?????
09-17-2006, 06:45 PM,
What's the matter with a little iron clay staining?
Depending on what its gotten into, its either impossible to remove, or will eventually fade out of you never get near red iron clay again. I know some people that have cleaned up their clothes by adding iron out to the wash. I'm not sure if you want to try it on some of your dive gear. But to me it looks funny when some's gear doesn't a bit of red tinge to them.
Cary
09-20-2006, 09:47 PM,
yeah I got the dirty dive gear.  Oh well, I guess I will just have to dive more help clean it off...  ;D
09-21-2006, 07:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2006, 08:35 AM by LKunze.)
I keep diving and my gear doesn't get cleaner.  When do you want to go to Crosby and try again  :Smile
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !