Remember me
Lost Password Register

Let's try this again!!!
09-25-2006, 09:28 AM,
Let's try this again!!!
I have tried the last 3 years to have a get-together. Non diving. The last time just Tullibee and I showed up. I really want to meet all of you folks in person.
I dont know how to set up a poll.
the two most important questions would be. what part of town works best
and which night works besy.
That way we could democraticly have a choice.
The season is slowly coming to an end so I think it would be fun to meet in october and discuss where we all are going for a winter dive trip.
What do you think.
09-25-2006, 09:47 AM,
Re: Let's try this again!!!
how about crhistmas... my place... everyone bring me a present. Smile.

one of my daughters is a vikings fb cheerleader so we're going to be in the cities december 17th for a vikings football game.  that's a long ways from october but might be the only time I get to the cities between now and then.  with 2 daughters in the cities to visit, if you plan an october get together I'd be there if work and other obligations don't interfere.

I still vote for my place
Cold and dark down there huh?
09-25-2006, 10:23 AM,
I am all for meeting your Daughters. Wink

j/k

Seriously though, I would think Minneapolis is pretty central to everyone, but I would guess it does not have the cheapest venues.

I live on the Northwest side of the cities but am open to traveling and meeting more dive buddies.
09-25-2006, 10:29 AM,
Hey Chuck,

I'll probably show up again!  Mondays are bad for me,  I still like Thursdays in general for get togethers, since it's almost the weekend but not quite.

Location doesn't really matter to me - we usually start them late enough that rush hour isn't an issue.  In high school, if me and my buddy went to the movie, whoever drove put at least 100 miles on their vehicle, so heading anywhere in the metro is no big deal (we lived 20 miles apart, and the theater in town burned down so we had to drive 30 miles to the bigger town to find a movie!)

and you can add me to the list to introduce to the daughter too!  ;D
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
09-25-2006, 09:50 PM,
Good Evening,
Hi Jon pick a night for Perkins and I will try to show and look at the photos from goose berry falls and you and Mike can talk  about how bad the vis was, and I will  agree with you both. That way I can see the rest of the pictures. then wetdreams and dairy queen can see them too.
grumpie........
09-26-2006, 04:16 AM,
I'm sorry to hear that the vis was so bad.....Of course, Nokomis was down to about 5 inches and Thole in Shakopee was about 9 inches so, I'm pretty sure it wasn't so bad as you imagine!  I'm still wishing I could have gone with you guys on that trip, but some days, family commitments have to come first!  Sea you Later!!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
09-26-2006, 08:20 AM,
I thought the vis was pretty good myself!  maybe not as good as it can be up there, but I didn't mind.  I need to get busy one of these nights and organize the pics from Gooseberry and Mahnomen, and burn what I've got to CDs for you all...  I'll add it to my mental list for this week and see if I can get motivated enough to work on it!

Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
09-26-2006, 05:57 PM,
pick a time and place and i'll be there. ;D
We take these risks, not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping us
09-27-2006, 08:31 AM,
   If you guys figure it out soon I could bring some Grouper  ;D If I have any left. :o :o and yes it probably be in a garlic and lemon marinade lightly seared on a open flame >Big Grin

On second thought You guys are such a good group I will even make a special diving trip with the sole purpose of getting dinner. ;D ;D

By the way I am a gun for hire, cover expenses only and be eating the freshest seafood in MN. 8)
09-27-2006, 09:08 AM,
gun for hire my fat behind -- one of these days I'm tagging along to make you show me how it's done! (and bring back a cooler full of my own!) ;D