Remember me
Lost Password Register

Damn Yankee Spearfishing tour
11-07-2007, 08:17 AM,
Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing tour
dang, this sounds like a good trip..  I really got into this spearfishing thing this summer.  If I could commit I'd sure want to be going.  Maybe another time for me.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
11-07-2007, 10:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2007, 10:14 AM by Shooter.)

better video links

I have guns lined up for everyone. Look at what you need to bring on the charter website for everything else. Pack light save all extra room for lobster tails and filets. ;D I usually fit all clothes in a small carry on. (swim shorts, crocs, 1 change of clothes, first stage and reg set.)  remember bags can only weigh 50 lbs.
11-07-2007, 11:29 AM,
So it seams the worst part of the trip is waiting until MAY!

Art, let me know if you booked your ticket and I'll book that same #'s.

Steve
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
11-07-2007, 12:46 PM,

Definitely watch the videos, while we are waiting.  Start to ID the fish and pay close attention to when and where the fish are shot.  I talked to my contact in Florida, and I will probably fly down on Wednesday to help get the boat set up and ready but return on the same day with you guys.  We should probably get together and meet  and book tickets, etc. we also need to send our deposit to the charter company.

I would think you would be plenty warm in the 3mm wetsuit.  I will arrange to have weights on the boat.  Nitrox certification,  Highly recommended. We will most likely be diving steal 120's
11-07-2007, 04:17 PM,
I have a 5 mil full, 3 mil farmer bottoms and a 2 shorty. I'll probably use the 5.

adv nitrox - check

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
11-07-2007, 04:58 PM,
shoot, I thought you guys were going to be freediving it Sad .. I'd still be interested but I'd be leaving the tanks at home (if I had any).
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
11-08-2007, 07:52 AM,

My free diving skills run out at 40 feet  :o.  I just don't get enough chance to practice.  Will be diving in 90 feet, 130 feet.  I guess if I rode the anchor down,  I could probably Spear a fish and return safely  ;D
11-08-2007, 09:05 AM,
  read noobies guide to spearfishing

helpful links
11-09-2007, 09:44 AM,
Book your tickets.  I will be booking mine  As soon as I finish this post.  Use the flight that art already posted. We all need to be at the airport at approximately the same time.  We will pick you up at the airport.  I will be flying down one day early, but will return on the same flight.  I already sent my deposit to the charter company, so we have time on that.
11-09-2007, 10:16 AM,

Got mine for $292.50