Remember me
Lost Password Register

GUDC wed. night fun dive
10-09-2006, 08:25 PM,
GUDC wed. night fun dive
Hi guys, this is Josh from GUDC.  I will be hosting a fun dive this wed. oct 11 at Perch Lake in Wisconsin, just off of 36.  I will be there between 4 and 4:30.  We will do at least a 1 tank dive, and 2 if possible.  I will be leaving perch lake before 8 o'clock pm.

For any more information call GUDC at 763-424-8717.  Or leave a message on my cell phone at 763-516-0561.

Thanks,
Josh at GUDC
10-10-2006, 09:25 AM,
Re: GUDC wed. night fun dive
Should I expect soup or is the vis starting to clear up?

I was at Square for the last SD&T fun dive and the vis was great.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
10-10-2006, 01:49 PM,
Vis is getting better, I was there last sunday and it looked to be about 20 ft. or so.  I have only gone freediving in that lake, so I don't know a whole lot about it.  But from what exploring I did, It looked like a pretty fun lake to dive in, thats why we decided to go there this week.  I'm asuming we will be around 10-30 ft. of water.  Because that is where most of the fish and things to see are.  However, I can lead a deeper dive for those who are interested.
10-10-2006, 02:02 PM,
You have to go a pretty long way out to get to 40+ feet of depth in Square.  Jason and I did it once about 4 years ago but it's a pretty boring dive.  Basically take a heading out towards the middle of the lake and fin in a straight line for about a half hour or so.  Good viz out there but nothing to see except the mud bottom.
10-10-2006, 02:13 PM,
Thanks, but we're going to go to Perch lake, just accross the border, have you ever done a deep dive over there?
10-10-2006, 02:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2006, 02:24 PM by LKunze.)
I should of read your original post closer.  :-[ Yeah, you can hit 50 + feet in Perch pretty easy if the viz is decent.  From the public access head straight out towards the middle of the lake.  You will be in 40 feet fairly quickly and from there it's pretty gradual.  I have not found deeper than 50 or so in Perch but I recently heard someone found 71 feet out there this summer which is kinda surprising since the maps I've seen show the max depth being 63 feet.
10-10-2006, 02:29 PM,
Well that's only 8 feet... Did he have a shovel and a muddy hood? ;D

Count me in.

10-10-2006, 02:39 PM,
Ok cool.  I'll lead a dive down there is people would like.  From what I saw freediving, It looks farelly interesting, Not too much to see, but clear, and lots of vegetation.  We'll see how it goes, at least we're in the water!
10-10-2006, 03:03 PM,
I'm new to Perch. Some old posts list the boat ramp on the south end of the lake. Is that the plan tomorrow?
10-10-2006, 03:19 PM,
Yup, its rocky but short, farelly easy to get in and out of, and best of all...FREE!