Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: Just seeing if there's enough interest in this.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
71.43%
5 71.43%
No
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Website Sponsored 'Adopt a Highway'
02-07-2003, 12:26 PM,
Website Sponsored 'Adopt a Highway'
Sorry for the lack of voting options, but it's really a yes or no question. I just want to see if there is enough interest in the group to sponsor 'Adopt a Highway'.

With a two-year commitment, they will provide the sign and all necessary equipment for cleanup. We will need to organize 2-3 clean up sessions per year on a 2-mile stretch of highway that we choose.

One suggestion was the road to Square Lake, other suggestions are welcomed.

Might be a fun way to get together a few times a year to help the environment and also increase awareness of the website we all love Wink. Something to think about anyway.
02-07-2003, 02:13 PM,
Re:Website Sponsored 'Adopt a Highway'
Good idea Chris!

Here's another one. Adopt a lake and do a yearly cleanup dive. The Minnesota Hammerheads (Twin Cities Dive Club) have been doing this for the last three summers and have had good turn outs.

Derrick
02-07-2003, 02:35 PM,
I like the "adopt a lake" idea better too. Derrick, do you know what lake TCDC adopted?

Maybe we should change this to "adopt a lake" and then all vote on which lake we should pick.
--Jason
02-07-2003, 02:40 PM,
We didn't adopt a single Lake. The first year we did Square Lake. Since so many divers dive there, it is pretty clean so the next year we did Lake Lavon. I think last summer we did Perch Lake but I missed that dive.

Derrick
02-10-2003, 08:32 AM,
Maybe another poll could be created for 'Adopt a Lake', I'd really like to check interest level for this though.

I do agree that 'adopting a lake' is an excellent idea... Maybe we could pick a couple each summer? I believe some dive shops already do this don't they? I thought there was one last year at Wazee...
02-10-2003, 10:18 AM,
Yes some dive shops already do lake cleanup dives. Nationally, a lot of dive shops use either 'earth day' or 'national dive-in day' to organize their cleanup dives.
Locally, I know Northland Divers does a Square lake cleanup and milfoil check day in the late fall in conjunction with the Square lake homeowners association.
T
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
02-10-2003, 10:30 AM,
There was one at Wazee last year. They waved the diving/park fees for the day. Unfortunately , I missed it !!!

Thanks...Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH