Remember me
Lost Password Register

Where in the World Were We II
10-28-2006, 06:29 AM,
Where in the World Were We II
;D

OK, So the last thread was fun 8), but also a bit of a teaser >Big Grin >Big Grin....

NOW for a REAL "DIVING" photo.  The "game" for this one is to also identify the wittle fishy.

This one should also be a bit easier as I'll include a photo that is a gimmee :Smile :Smile  I was actually VERY PROUD of this photo as it is a very rare view of this fishy. :o :o

Now for one hint....We did not take this photo up at the crosby pits ;D ;D

Attached Files
.jpg   tail.JPG (Size: 66.24 KB / Downloads: 123)
.jpg_thumb   tail.JPG_thumb (Size: 41.29 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-28-2006, 10:20 AM,
Re: Where in the World Were We II
Ah, the Splendid Toadfish of Cozumel!  The end you normally don't see.  Nice job!

On a night dive over a small patch reef in Cozumel, we decided to stay in one area for the whole dive.  All the critters would hide as other dive groups sped past, then they'd come out again so we could see them.  And the "noise" would start up again: it sounded like a distant boat motor attempting to start.  It was a series of 3 deep grunts.  I tried to imitate the sound through my regulator, and more noises started coming from the reef below me.  Then toadfish started coming out to investigate and it was obvious that they were the source of the grunts.  We watched many toadfish swim from one burrow to another, grunting at each other.  Amazing.
10-28-2006, 02:11 PM,
Re: Where in the World Were We II
YUP!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Your description of seeing them at night is incredible.  We've done quite a bit of night diving down there, but only a few times out on the reefs where these guys live.  We've never seen one at night.

We wish we were headed back there again real soon. 8) 8)

Here's what the other end looks like.

Attached Files
.jpg   face.JPG (Size: 67.23 KB / Downloads: 109)
.jpg_thumb   face.JPG_thumb (Size: 42.02 KB / Downloads: 0)