Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby Nov. 4-5
10-20-2006, 09:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2006, 06:02 AM by LKunze.)
Crosby Nov. 4-5
Elkman, 

I will be diving up in Crosby the first weekend in November and the 1st weekend in December if you care to join us.

While several of us are planning some deep diving, where the water temps will be around 41 degrees you should still be fairly comfortable in the 30 to 50 ft range with that 7mm suit with appropiate hood / booties,  and gloves. 

I'll be happy to show you some of the sites that are all within the 60 foot limits for you.

maxfactor.
10-20-2006, 11:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2006, 06:02 AM by LKunze.)
Crosby Nov. 4-5
That sounds interesting -- I'll give it some thought.  As long as the water isn't getting excessively cold, and the air temperature out of the water isn't excessively cold, I'll look into it.  I went diving at Square Lake for a Trick-or-Treat night dive this evening, and even though it was only 48 degrees in the water, I was fine.  (Getting out and toweling off, on the other hand, was interesting.)

I don't think I want to camp overnight, though -- that part is getting too cold.
10-23-2006, 10:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2006, 06:02 AM by LKunze.)
Crosby Nov. 4-5
Maxfactor,

When you go up those weekends, are you going up on Friday night or on Saturday morning?  You camping or staying in hotels?  WHat do you consider "deeper" dives?

Thanks
10-30-2006, 11:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2006, 06:02 AM by LKunze.)
Crosby Nov. 4-5
wukuu.....  I will be heading up first thing Sat. a.m.  Hope to be diving by 11:00 a.m.    As far as depth,  no deeper then 130 or so.....

I am measuring some stuff for a mapping project with GPS  coordinates. 

Additionally, I will be staying up overnight, and sleeping in the Suburban.  I hope to get at least 3 dives in on Sat. of which I hope to have a night dive in as part of the 3, and possibly 3 day dives in on Sunday. 

I'm sure I will have to start the truck 3 or 4  times during the night, as I have in the past in November and Dec.

Let me know if you want to meet.

Maxfactor.
10-31-2006, 04:09 PM,
Crosby Nov. 4-5
Is anyone else planning to go up there?  Am I (still) invited?

I don't know if I'd make a night of it, but I'd like to get some more diving in before it gets too cold.  Then again, I've been saying that for the last four weekends now, so I might not stop before the lakes start to freeze over.  Smile