Remember me
Lost Password Register

Tech. Regs
11-10-2006, 09:57 PM,
Tech. Regs
Hey guys, quick tech. question...what do you guys think about tech. regs?  I like/have used the apeks xtx200 and really like 'em.  I have also seen some zeagle regs that are supposed to be just as affective.  Does anyone have any first hand experience on using them?  Prefferably Zeagle regs. 

I mostly deal with Apeks and Aqualung regs. at the shop so I have never gotten around to using/learning much about zeagle regs, even though we are a zeagle dealer.  Any/all info. will help.

Thanks,
JOSH at GUDC
11-11-2006, 06:49 AM,
Re: Tech. Regs
I used Apeks ATX-50/DST's and ATX-100/FST's for 5 years and switched over to Zeagle DSV's this past summer.  They all breath about the same, I can't tell a major difference between any of them really.  The Zeagles are supposed to have a more robust HP seat in the first stage than the Apeks.  On the other hand I think the Apeks second stages feel a little more durable than the Zeagle seconds do.  Not a big deal unless you beat the crap out of your gear.  You can't go wrong with either one in my opinion. 
11-12-2006, 09:36 PM,
Re: Tech. Regs
Thanks, Lonnie right?

I think I might go with the zeagle, although my usual dive buddy likes the xtx200, I don't really like the push button for purging, seems like it could stick the older it gets.  So I'll probably get the zeagle after my new drysuit Smile