Remember me
Lost Password Register

safety stops in cold water
11-05-2006, 06:31 PM,
safety stops in cold water
On my last two dives in Calhoun, I went down to 40+ feet and my Dive Rite Nitec Duo said I had to do a 3 minute stop at 15 feet. 

While diving over the summer it never made me do a stop for 3 minutes when the water was warmer and I'm just wondering if this has something to do with the colder water temps or the fact that I hit the 40 foot plus depth and it just said to stop and be safe?

Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
11-05-2006, 11:23 PM,
Re: safety stops in cold water
According to the Duo manual, when you drop below 33 ft, the computer will signal a 3 min safety stop after you get shallower than 20 ft.

The computer will not go into violation if you do not stop, but it's a good practice to follow.

Jeff
Jeff
11-06-2006, 04:08 AM,
Re: safety stops in cold water
Note to self, next time read the manual...  ;D  Thanks.  It's strange since I don't recall it doing that before.  Maybe I had that turned off or set deeper.  I just checked and I did have the NDL set to 30 in the plan mode.  Oh well, I did the stops so it's all good.  I just want to get back out this week as soon as the water turns over and check out those freaky ledges in Calhoun again. 
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.