Remember me
Lost Password Register

Where do/did the fish go?
11-07-2006, 12:44 PM,
Where do/did the fish go?
Maybe one of you scuba divers can tell me where the fish have gone..  I don't claim to know a lot about fishing or fish habits but from what I've seen the fish have all disappeared.  I do know that the ice houses aren't set in that deep of water so the fish have to be shallow at that time... but where are they now?  I've been to deep water looking for them, through shallower weeds looking for them, and still can't find them.  Did see a  school of tiny minnows though at about 10' or so in the weeds.
Cold and dark down there huh?
11-07-2006, 06:26 PM,
Re: Where do/did the fish go?
Fred, I've been out locally around the twin cities area the last couple weekends and haven't seen hardly any fish either.  I thought Kirk's recent Wazee report was quite interesting in that he saw many small fish real deep below 180' that appeared to be sleeping.  It is interesting how they seem to have all disappeared.  Last Saturday I saw only 2 or 3 fish in the shallows around the weed line which is where they are usually abundant.  I don't think I have ever seen a fish in the local shallow lakes below 20 feet or so.  Maybe they are hiding in deeper water until the ice forms?  ???
11-07-2006, 08:21 PM,
Right now they are most likely going to find the warmest water possible.  However, I would look around points, and deep weed edges because they are going to fatten up before winter.  Otherwise, most of the crappies will probably be between 8-35 ft, depending on the lake, and the northern pike and musky will start to go into the shallower waters.
11-09-2006, 10:45 AM,
Saw a few nice bass last weekend tucked down right inside the edge of the weedline 15-20.
11-14-2006, 01:36 PM,
Two days ago I spent an hour looking in the weeds. Nothing but 2 small Northern at 31feet. I looked all the way up to 7 feet.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
11-15-2006, 11:45 PM,
November fishing for Walleye can find them in as little as 1 foot of water ( in the worst viz) :'(
I have even seen the dorsal fins sticking out of the water.
One way to find them is to look for the frogs on the shore.
Non-divers seem so,  well,  shallow.