Remember me
Lost Password Register

Edmund Fitzgerald Anniversary
11-11-2006, 05:56 PM,
Re: Edmund Fitzgerald Anniversary
If I get a rebreather I can do whatever I want!  That's why they cost so much. Duh 8) We're all getting together tonight to go over the details of the dive.  I don't know what details they want to go over.  Go down, look around and come back up.  That's what I do. ;D
11-12-2006, 07:32 PM,
Great meeting last night corndogg.... Its nice to know that Ill be in the water with such pros... not caught up in all the logistics of diving that just ruins the fun!!! :Smile
11-13-2006, 08:20 AM,

So can we use your boat?  ;D

'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
11-13-2006, 02:11 PM,
Sorry CornDog2!! But I think there're on to you. Someone must have leaked something to the news.  But hey, if we do this at night and go in without topside lights..  Who's to know....    In following up with the meeting yesterday, when are we going to do that advanced deco class?

11-15-2006, 12:33 AM,
Mark
Not a problem, just as soon as you come up with that cloaking device so the Coast Guard radar can't spot us. ;D
I ran some tables 8 min. down 2 min. there and you are out of the water in only 2 hr. and 20 mins.
Bob

So can we use your boat?  ;D

Quote:
11-15-2006, 07:28 AM,
LET'S DO THIS! >Big Grin

WE CAN MAKE IT AN ICE DIVE!
11-15-2006, 07:37 AM,
I ran some tables 8 min. down 2 min. there and you are out of the water in only 2 hr. and 20 mins.
Bob

Oh i bet if you used something like those technical tables that you could cut this by more than  HALF..man, maybe if you used something like 50% oxygen for a bottom mix you could cut it down enough to get out of there before the coast guard gets there....As you can tell i have been reading up on that technical diving stuff  ;D
Oops Did I really say that?????
11-15-2006, 09:45 AM,
Can anyone show me the law that states that you cannot dive the Fitz? I've done some research in the past year and could not locate an written law stating so. Everything that is passed around is hersay.

I say dive it.

John P.
11-15-2006, 02:32 PM,

Something like this I would think.

"Ontario Heritage Act
Regulation O.Reg.11/06
Marine Archaeological Site Protection

This regulation gives the province power to protect its most significant marine archaeological sites by prescribing selected sites in regulation and prohibiting access to them without a site-specific license.  Two sites are to be listed: The Edmond Fitzgerald in Lake Superior; and, the USS Hamilton and USS Scourge, prescribed as one site, in Lake Ontario."
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
11-15-2006, 08:25 PM,
Thanks arcflash, guess all these years of people saying it was illegal didn't stick. They finally created a protection clause on the wreck.

Appreciate the info.

JP