Remember me
Lost Password Register

Another n00b...
11-14-2006, 02:09 PM,
Another n00b...
Hey, Just thought I would say hello to you all...

I was snorkelling in Hawaii a couple years back (I bought a set before I left and spent at least 1/2 of my vacation with my face in the water, NO JOKE!) and as I was beach hopping around the big island checking out all the cool stuff, I really fell in love with the underwater world.  I was mega bummed that I didn't get certified before the trip, and swore to myself that someday I would.

So, here I am now, and my mom and girlfriend went in on a certification class for me at Air Down There, and I have my confined dives coming up on December 9th and 10th.  Also, my parents decided to get the same gift (for an early x-mas gift) for my younger brother and sister, so we will all three be taking the class together.  My girlfriend is already certified, so I am looking forward to always having someone to dive with! Smile

Anyway, enough about me for now, and HI to you all.  ;D

J.P.
&quot;If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.&quot;<br />-Mitch Hedberg
11-14-2006, 02:21 PM,
Re: Another n00b...
Welcome aboard, new divers are always welcome and this is a VERY supportive group that we have here locally
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
11-14-2006, 02:46 PM,
Welcome to MNSCUBA J.P.  Wink
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM,
Thats awesome....you even come with dive buddies..... ;D

Welcome to the rest of your life Wink
Oops Did I really say that?????
11-14-2006, 08:21 PM,
So now the only thing to decide is, spend your money on diving, or spend your money on diving?

Good luck diving and remember, you can never stop learning so keep taking classes, they always help!
11-14-2006, 11:02 PM,
From the previous newbie here, welcome aboard!  It sounds like you're really looking forward to taking the course and getting certified, and that's a good thing.  You'll probably find that diving becomes an obsession, not just a passing hobby.  That's also a good thing.

Have fun with the course, and let us know how you do.
11-15-2006, 11:01 AM,
Welcome J.P. - Is that Nicky Hayden?
11-15-2006, 10:45 PM,
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  It is nice to find a hobby/obsession that everyone is so friendly in...  Some hobbies, it's hard to find friendly people that are so welcoming.

I am super stoked for my class, and I can't wait for the open water dives, whether they are here or someplace warm!  I am excited to dive, and can't believe that I waited this long to get certified, honestly.  I have been a fish in the water ever since I was a kid (thanks Dad!) and this would seem like the natural progression for the kid that would never want to get out of the water whenever he was in it.  I can't wait to get out and do some real dives and meet some if not most of you all sometime!  ;D

And to answer your question Austin, yes, that's Nicky Hayden, winner of the MotoGP championship this year (which I'm sure you probably knew...)  One of my other major passions is riding motorcycles, specifically sportbikes (I own a Yamaha R6), and I hope to get into racing one day when I have more money to throw away... I go to all the CRA (Central Roadracing Association) races up at BIR and work/hang out with friends of mine that race, and am really into AMA and MotoGP racing.  You into motorcycle racing too?
&quot;If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.&quot;<br />-Mitch Hedberg