Remember me
Lost Password Register

Neat trick with disposable underwater cameras
01-26-2004, 12:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2004, 12:46 AM by freedivernd.)
Neat trick with disposable underwater cameras
I'm just back from Cozumel Tongue, I've got a little tweeking to do to several pictures I took before I post them but want to mention that I did a little bit of experimenting with several disposable underwater cameras (kodak, good to 50' ones)... I glued the camera's together, did my best to press the shutters at the same time, and son of gun if I didn't get some good 3-D pictures! I'm snowed in here in Fargo so give me a few days and I'll get some posted. It's a little tricky but you'll see the pics in 3-D with your plain old eyes off that plain old computer screen. I was hoping to get one good picture out of 27.. well.. I got maybe 6 pretty good ones, but really, all of them but a few turned out pretty good
Wink Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
01-26-2004, 05:35 AM,
Re:Neat trick with disposable underwater cameras
Is this going to be one of those visual tricks where if you stare at the picture long enough you see a waterfall. If you haven't seen that picture I can't explain it to you.

Joel
01-26-2004, 08:51 AM,
Here's a site with some photos that are done the way I am trying to do mine (like I said.. some of mine actually turned out pretty good, I think). If you go their home page you can read all about how to create 3-D pics. It's kinda like those "stare at 'em long enough" pictures.. and like those, some people can get it easily and some really struggle.
(they opened the interstate between Fargo and Grand Forks a half hour ago so I'm soon home to catch up on missed work, pictures, etc.) :Smile
Fred
01-26-2004, 11:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2004, 05:42 PM by LKunze.)
The pic towards the bottom (I assume you know which one I mean) took me a little by surprise at work...yikes. Good thing nobody was at my desk when I scrolled down...LOL! Tongue
01-26-2004, 06:12 PM,
My brain refuses to combine the images. I hope that means I am firmly grounded in reality.
--Jason
01-26-2004, 07:24 PM,

I can't see it either...I join you in reality. Wink
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.
01-26-2004, 11:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2004, 11:27 PM by freedivernd.)
Here's a link to a few of my pictures.. You have to view them cross-eyed to get the 3D effect. This is Reality, I know it took my wife quite some time to get them to fall into focus but eventually she was able to. and here's one for everyone's viewing who's not going to the link. Tongue
01-27-2004, 12:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2004, 12:35 PM by freedivernd.)
More 3D pics.. can't anyone get the 3D effect?
Here's another link to several more pics.. and one to view just for fun..(for you who don't go to the link Tongue ) try cross-eying it on the red dots until you get one in the middle and then look down at the picture. This is a toughy.

Fred
01-27-2004, 01:40 PM,
Hmm...I can't trick myself into seeing them 3D. If I try anymore I'll be permanently cross-eyed. LOL! ;D
01-27-2004, 01:47 PM,
Don't feel bad Lonnie, I haven't been able t get it to work either. :-[

Maybe you need to have some of that Cozumel Tequilla in ya' to get it to work. Wink

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin