Remember me
Lost Password Register

DIVE S.P.I.
11-20-2006, 12:26 PM,
DIVE S.P.I.
Gallapos 06 Trip Report:
The finest trip yet. We saw scores of Sunfish, Orcas hunting, dozens of Whale Sharks, Penguins in a feeding frenzy, hundreds of Hammerheads, Galapagos sharks, and White tips and the list goes on and on....
Galapagos  film showing at Dorados Bar and Grill, SPI, on December 9
at 6:00 pm. You are invited!!
Don't miss the next trip in November of 07!!

The Texas Clipper is here!!!!! See her coming into the South Padre Island jetties at   Expect to see her on the bottom of the Gulf 18 miles dead east of the SPI jetties by MARCH!!!! Yeah!!!! Big Blue Water!!!
We will begin to take pictures and DVD next week of the Clipper for publication on our web site as well as orientation videos to made available to all dives stores and dive clubs.\

January and February trips to Roatan still have some availability. Get you reservations now while space is available....

Diver I news.
We are still diving any time we have 6 or more passengers. Come try our winter werck diving!!!!

Thank You For Choosing American Diving
Diving the Texas Riviera
One Padre Blvd at the Sea Ranch Marina
South Padre Island, Texas 78597
956-761-2030

Count me in, so we would only need 5 more... Here's the catch, we can roughly estimate forecast 3-5 days out.  Trips in the Gulf in the wintertime are 50-50 odds at best.  So we would need to travel on relatively short notice, or at least have airfare that we can postpone.  If we can't get all six people.  There are usually a few locals to fill the trip out.  I have been aboard the diver I on many occasions, they're very accommodating and will coddle you and hold your hand if you so desire.  Or they will leave you alone and let you do your own thing.  They usually only allow two drops per day but if we are booking the boat,  We might be able to get more.  There is some excellent free diving and fish spearing off the jetty's.  There is approximately 20 miles of beach that you can drive on and camp on.

I can usually book a round-trip ticket to Harlingen for $200 or less, rooms on the island off-season, You can get for about $25 a night :o.

My trips to South Padre Island for a week  for everything including car-rental and
tips usually run between $500-$800

Let's go diving
11-20-2006, 06:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2006, 06:57 PM by MAXFACTOR.)
Re: DIVE S.P.I.
Shooter, 

You may want to go buy a dive shop.  Sounds like you have more enthusiam for this great sport them most of the current cats in the business.   

RE:  DIVING.....
I may be available for a dive, but I would need to know when you are thinking of going South. 
I will be back in Florida the week after the Thankgiven.

Could hook up down in the key's if you wish.
I will plan on ice diving with you and Art again this year.

Maxfactor
11-21-2006, 01:59 PM,
Re: DIVE S.P.I.

I would lose too much of my enthusiasm for the sport if it became a business.  It seems to be hard enough just finding people to go diving Sad

diving is my escape from the real world...... 8)

As far as timeline.  I'll dive anywhere any time.  I am self-employed and can schedule my work around diving. :Smile so anytime that you want to go and could think of two to three other people that would be able to go,  Count me in. I will probably lose patience before too long and end up booking the boat on my own. I will let you know if that is the case. I will be your guide on the Texas Riviera! I think I may only have about three to 5 pounds of grouper left :o

How long are you going to be in Florida?  I've been wanting to get down to the key is ever since I started diving.

As far as ice diving, you can always count me in.  However, I just got back from a motorcycle ride.  So might be a month or so ;D