Remember me
Lost Password Register

Riviera Maya
11-28-2006, 10:03 AM,
Riviera Maya
I am taking the family to Riviera Maya for Xmas.  Is there any certain dives or dive shops to look for?  Also, what should I expect to pay to get my 12 yr old certified?  Thanks
11-28-2006, 12:25 PM,
Re: Riviera Maya
The Riveria Maya is pretty much the whole coast line from Cancun and south. I know a little about the Playa del Carmen area. Most shops have helpful websites with pricing. Do a search for the area your staying.

Dan
11-28-2006, 06:00 PM,
ART ART ART......  I've got a great solution for you.  BRING AN INSTUCTOR WITH YOU...  She can get certified and the instructor will enjoy his trip.
IF YOU NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS,  I HAVE ONE FOR YOU.

take care

MAXFACTOR
11-28-2006, 07:37 PM,
Art,

I have been going to the Yucatan Peninsula since 1989.
Some times as much as 3 times a year. Heading back again this winter.
I know everything, every place, and every cost you could inncur from Northern Isla Muejres, down, far past the ruins of Tulum.
Call me.

Also rent the movie Against all Odds (Jeff Bridges/Rachel Ward) or The Cave...both were filmed there.

Best wishes. Cancun is Las Vegas on the sea...
But The small Mayan villages south of there and it's people will change you. In wonderful ways.

Happy Diving~

Michelle Crowe
612 819 7257
12-03-2006, 04:56 PM,
I used a little shop in Puerto Aventura that was good.  They go to the cenotes as well as the reefs.  I also used Manta divers in Cancun.
Steve T.
12-05-2006, 08:26 AM,
Art-  I am assuming the shop that MNstevet is talking about is Dive Aventuras.  I have used them and have no complaints.   The shop is located about 15 minutes south of Playa Del Carmen.  Have fun!