Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Dive Site? Seneca
12-26-2006, 11:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2006, 11:45 AM by LKunze.)
Re: New Dive Site? Seneca
I kinda doubt they'd ever get clearance to put that kind of stuff into the Great Lakes, maybe in a mine pit though like they have done up at Ore Be Gone.  I could see a ship or boat put into Lake Superior as a dive site but it would  require a lot of money as CCR Diver said to get it done and I doubt anyone could come up with that much cash to make it happen.
12-26-2006, 12:30 PM,
To get anything sunk in Superior would be a small miracle.  Unfortunately, for many captains, the future of operations on Superior are almost always dictated by the quick changing weather that is experienced up there. 

My prediction would be that even if we had as a collective    ... all the money to purchase a boat, and do the correct salvage cleanup necessary, the  regulatory people would be hard pressed to sink anything real close.  Nature does it at will.

Enjoy all of the sites Superior already has to offer and lets all be thankful for all of the explorers and hunters who helped find them in the first place.

Hats off to them.

Maxfactor.
12-27-2006, 10:53 AM,
Well I have been in discussion with the Range Railroad Trail people and we have a pit that is filling and the talk was about building an old mining dry (this is where the crews met to get their daily orders and eat and change clothes) putting in some large trucks and a shovel they also talked about lighting the dry underwater for the divers. Do this before the water reaches the bank it would be on with top depths at point sheeve being 4o feet and bottoming out at about 125. Was well recieved but $$$ is the issue.
12-27-2006, 01:36 PM,
Sounds really neat!  All lit up underwater...just for us!
12-29-2006, 10:32 AM,
The GLSPS is really committed to getting another ship sunk on the north shore.  Sounds like they have all their sucks in a row including the DNR.  I think this might become a reality in the next few years.